Anthem MRX 540 listening modes for low volume

Rendupm

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have recently purchased a new Anthem MRX 540 to replace my Arcam FJM 380.

One of the main features that I used in my previous Arcam was the Dolby Volume. This feature allowed to improve the low-level frequencies at low volume while balancing dynamics to avoid hight volume peaks. Now, with the new Anthem, I do not see any similar options. There is listening mode called Dolby postprocessing which allows to limit the dynamic range but, this does not enhance low frequency. I also had other receivers in the past with options such as Dynamic volume/eq which played similar function as Dolby Volume. Now with new Anthem I feel that I am missing so much both when I listen to TV or watch movies. I usually listen at -55db volume due to neighbours

Any options to achieve something similar in Anthem? I am having the feeling that these are only good receivers if you have a big house without neighbours but, for those of us living in a flat, this is a big issue.

abacus

A lot of high-end receivers drop this feature, so Anthem is not alone.

Set up 2 Room correction presets, 1 for full volume and 1 for low volume. (You will need to adjust the EQ curves manually to suit your low volume requirements)

Bill

Reactions: Messiah

Rendupm

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Thanks, yes, I can see that this may be the case.

Anyway, I have tried to create new EQ curve, and it can add a little bit of bass, but it does not get close to Dolby Volume. Then, there is an option called Dolby Post Processing which allows to keep dynamics even but, unfortunately it does not add the loudness effect.

It is like if you were trying to replace the Sonos "loudness" function with bass equalization. It just does not work the same.

By the way regarding ARC Genesis, in my case the result is similar to reducing the bass by 2 or 3 db. I know that technically there is much more but, my ears cannot differentiate... I do not know but, I have the feeling that these companies spending too much money on these own sophisticated room calibration systems and dropping some other valuable features....

If I have known this before, I would have probably opted for some Audyssey brand to have dynamic volume.

TRENDING THREADS