Anthem MRX 540 listening modes for low volume

Rendupm

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have recently purchased a new Anthem MRX 540 to replace my Arcam FJM 380.

One of the main features that I used in my previous Arcam was the Dolby Volume. This feature allowed to improve the low-level frequencies at low volume while balancing dynamics to avoid hight volume peaks. Now, with the new Anthem, I do not see any similar options. There is listening mode called Dolby postprocessing which allows to limit the dynamic range but, this does not enhance low frequency. I also had other receivers in the past with options such as Dynamic volume/eq which played similar function as Dolby Volume. Now with new Anthem I feel that I am missing so much both when I listen to TV or watch movies. I usually listen at -55db volume due to neighbours

Any options to achieve something similar in Anthem? I am having the feeling that these are only good receivers if you have a big house without neighbours but, for those of us living in a flat, this is a big issue.

abacus

A lot of high-end receivers drop this feature, so Anthem is not alone.

Set up 2 Room correction presets, 1 for full volume and 1 for low volume. (You will need to adjust the EQ curves manually to suit your low volume requirements)

Bill

Reactions: Messiah

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts