Another newb question??

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
When I performed the audessy set up my system sounded a lot better but also a lot louder.I Was watching Conan last night with dts and even at -50db the system was still kicking. But can't really enjoy it because of the neibourghs etc.

When turning down the sub is it ok if I turn it down on the actual sub or should i do it at the amp end?

When in dts it only shows up for a moment then changes to multi channel in is this correct?

I have B&W 684 thearte fronts and sub are on Subdudes.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Realised I cant really turn the sub down at the amp end so would have to be on the sub? can anyone tell me if or how this would affect the overall audessey set up. Was also reasing that having another sub can smooth out room resonances how does this work.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

If your audyssey calibration gave you the sub setting at -15db, you better to perform again a calibration. But this time, reduce your gain directly on the sub before the calibration.

Top range setting is useless since your calibration could be ineffective in some frequencies.

Also, I don't think than double subs could help you with room mode, That could be worse.

Could be useful than you tell us your actual setting as, speakers distance including the sub, sub position in your room, frequencies used on each speakers, sub too.

Depending on your listening taste, you could have differents way to set your system. If you use it a lot for stereo listening, I suggest you to have low frequency crossover on your 684's (not full range) and sending a minimum of "juice" to your sub.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts