Another Cabling Question : )

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, Just a quick question, can anybody recommend me a good phono interconnect for around £60-80? My main focus is treble that is not to harsh and bass that is not too boomy. Many thanks!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nah, come on - you just want to see which new username Nigel Oldphrt Rumpo-Scuttle chooses this time round!

Seriously, though, I'd go for Chord Company Cobra 3, which you can find for around £50 for a stereo pair.

A

Anonymous

Can't say you don't make me laugh Andrew! : ) : ) : )

I'll take your word for it and pop for the Chord! I should have got some at the show with some speaker cable to replace my "audiophile" Maplin stuff! Anyways, cheers!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Hughes123"]Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, can anybody recommend me a good phono interconnect for around £60-80? My main focus is treble that is not to harsh and bass that is not too boomy. Many thanks!
[/quote]

I would strongly recommend saving a bit more and going for a 0.5m Chord Chameleon Silver Plus. I used to have the Cobra 3 and found that it removed a bit too much for my liking. The Chameleon is really rather good.

This link shows a place online that sells it for £90.

http://www.hificables.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/ProductID/10824/GroupID/706/CategoryID/2372/v/c6ecee95-3160-474f-bbfd-c4577497e667

Honestly, very good indeed.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
I can't help feeling that Olphrt doesn't care one way or another about cables, instead I get the impression that he is getting his kicks from disrupting forum treads and breaking forum rules. Is there anyway of making an official complaint to Oldphrt's ISP? He must have an IP address that can be blocked?

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Just a quick question, do interconnects degrade of a period of time ?? Only when I bought my new Creek EVO cdp and RS6's the shop threw in a Cobra 3 lead and like a fool and because it was free I used it and never even thought to use the audioquest lead I'd been happy with !!!! Perhaps I should switch back and see what I think

huddo

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
I would think so....like most thing in life Although I never keep a pair long enough to notice any!
[/quote]

Mr Thaiman, you make me chuckle. I think I'm going to swap leads over later just to see what happens

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts