Anniversary coming up.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Bit scary: Apart from Drummerman, I'm the longest regular forum member.

Highlights over the 8 years: Joe Cox visiting my gaff for 'Reader Rescue'. And one of the first people to participate with WHFI Q&A.

Downside: The loss of a few good people, especially Big Chris. God Bless.

K

keeper of the quays

The_Lhc said:
No, I don't have to Google anything to trade wits with the likes of you. I'm afraid you're rather guilty of assuming terseness is equivalent to ignorance. It isn't, I just say what I think without flannel or bluster, unlike your never-ending reams of drivel. Nobody thinks it's intelligent, it's just boring, droning on and on, repeating the same tired joke, it wasn't funny the first time, it still isn't now.

As for your inability to punctuate or capitalize correctly, using a phone is not an excuse, I use my phone for this place almost exclusively, as I am now. It's actually harder to write in the manner you do, rather than do things properly, and all you're doing is giving the impression of ignorance when you do that. It's a very good impression though.

Incidentally, an ellipsis, that you seem ridiculously attached to, is three dots...

As for not "giving it" if I can't take it, *****, please, I haven't even warmed up yet, ask any of the regulars you hold in such contempt what I'm like when I really get going. Bring it on, I could do with a laugh.
I had replied to your comments but a filter stopped it posting? Mmmm? I can see your upset...i was just having some banter, it's nothing personal...hadnt realised your such a sensitive guy! So I won't pursue this conversation..l keep thinking of the wizard of Oz? Little man behind a curtain with a megaphone? Lol

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
The_Lhc said:
No, I don't have to Google anything to trade wits with the likes of you. I'm afraid you're rather guilty of assuming terseness is equivalent to ignorance. It isn't, I just say what I think without flannel or bluster, unlike your never-ending reams of drivel. Nobody thinks it's intelligent, it's just boring, droning on and on, repeating the same tired joke, it wasn't funny the first time, it still isn't now.

As for your inability to punctuate or capitalize correctly, using a phone is not an excuse, I use my phone for this place almost exclusively, as I am now. It's actually harder to write in the manner you do, rather than do things properly, and all you're doing is giving the impression of ignorance when you do that. It's a very good impression though.

Incidentally, an ellipsis, that you seem ridiculously attached to, is three dots...

As for not "giving it" if I can't take it, *****, please, I haven't even warmed up yet, ask any of the regulars you hold in such contempt what I'm like when I really get going. Bring it on, I could do with a laugh.
I had replied to your comments but a filter stopped it posting? Mmmm? I can see your upset...i was just having some banter, it's nothing personal...hadnt realised your such a sensitive guy! So I won't pursue this conversation..l keep thinking of the wizard of Oz? Little man behind a curtain with a megaphone? Lol

You're looking in the mirror then? You're the one trying to set yourself up as the moral guardian of the forum, telling everyone else how they have to behave. Get over yourself. And no I'm not upset, it would take more than your ineffectual bleatings to upset me, this is a mild diversion from the boredom of work. Unfortunately you're even more boring, so that didn't work.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Bit scary: Apart from Drummerman, I'm the longest regular forum member. 

How do you find out? I think I've been here since early 2008 as I was working at the hospital at the time.

I still struggle to get my head around the fact he's not here anymore.

K

keeper of the quays

The_Lhc said:
The_Lhc said:

You're looking in the mirror then? You're the one trying to set yourself up as the moral guardian of the forum, telling everyone else how they have to behave. Get over yourself. And no I'm not upset, it would take more than your ineffectual bleatings to upset me, this is a mild diversion from the boredom of work. Unfortunately you're even more boring, so that didn't work.
I'm pleased to hear I'm a unsatisfactory diversion..never been one before? Ineffectual? Think I got your goat? It wasn't difficult...your type always get angry fairly quickly..but as I said before I'll leave it.as I think your ok..and it's not my intention to upset people on this forum..i'm the keeper...get over it..forum superhero? Lol

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

The_Lhc said:
plastic penguin said:

I was just about to say it's coming up to a year since he died, and then I checked, and it's actually nearly two. 26/06/2014, and if I remember correctly, it was within a few days of his birthday.

The_Lhc said:
plastic penguin said:

How do you find out? I think I've been here since early 2008 as I was working at the hospital at the time.

Looked on your joined date.

Yup, Big Chris's passing was a bad period. Hope his wife and family are okay.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
The_Lhc said:
plastic penguin said:

Looked on your joined date.

Ah, yeah, there it is on the full site, October 2008? That must be just before I left, I joined here because work was so boring, thought it was earlier than that though, must have taken me longer than I thought to get desperate!

Yup, Big Chris's passing was a bad period. Hope his wife and family are okay.

Becky wasn't it? Not 100% sure, should have paid more attention.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
The_Lhc said:

I'm pleased to hear I'm a unsatisfactory diversion..never been one before? Ineffectual? Think I got your goat? It wasn't difficult...your type always get angry fairly quickly..but as I said before I'll leave it.as I think your ok..and it's not my intention to upset people on this forum..i'm the keeper...get over it..forum superhero? Lol

Bit hard of thinking there are we? I said you haven't made me angry, you're not clever enough for that, your type (tedious, self-promoting old duffers that is) don't engender enough emotional response for that, just a certain weary tedium from the knowledge that you'll never, ever shut up, will you? Even when the only person listening is you. BTW (that means by the way, in case you're struggling) I will keep responding just to see how many times you repeat the line about "leaving it" and then don't, that's mildly amusing at least...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
The_Lhc said:
plastic penguin said:

I was just about to say it's coming up to a year since he died, and then I checked, and it's actually nearly two. 26/06/2014, and if I remember correctly, it was within a few days of his birthday. 

Gaaah, I'm getting angry now, he was the best of us, the real moral compass, I don't remember him arguing with anyone, even me. Not that I would have, there was just nothing to dislike about the guy. If I drank alcohol I'd probably be drowning my sorrows now. Diamond.

K

keeper of the quays

The_Lhc said:
The_Lhc said:
The_Lhc said:

Bit hard of thinking there are we? I said you haven't made me angry, you're not clever enough for that, your type (tedious, self-promoting old duffers that is) don't engender enough emotional response for that, just a certain weary tedium from the knowledge that you'll never, ever shut up, will you? Even when the only person listening is you. BTW (that means by the way, in case you're struggling) I will keep responding just to see how many times you repeat the line about "leaving it" and then don't, that's mildly amusing at least...
lol you dined on dictionary and chips last night? Cool...no dyspepsia? Things are improving...see? I'm making a difference your raising your vocabulary! No insult meant! I can't get the pip with someone who likes Dr feelgood...im not going to have a breakfast of porridge today, I'm going to have milk and alcohol instead! Lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts