Anniversary coming up.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
I remember when this forum was busy and people talked about home cinema, i think everybody has emigrated to avforums now. *biggrin*
I see you posting on there quite a lot. You seem to post there more than here right?

Yeah i prefer it their now WHFS&V is too quiet and their is to much hifi speak on here now which is not really for me as i prefer to have the tv on in the background even if it's sky news or one of the shopping channels, i also like the homepage of avforums where their regular updates where WHFS&V tends to be a bit quiet.
Ah nice one, I am posting on there more and more. I leave this website for messing about!
regular_smile.gif

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
I remember when this forum was busy and people talked about home cinema, i think everybody has emigrated to avforums now. *biggrin*
I see you posting on there quite a lot. You seem to post there more than here right?

Yeah i prefer it their now WHFS&V is too quiet and their is to much hifi speak on here now which is not really for me as i prefer to have the tv on in the background even if it's sky news or one of the shopping channels, i also like the homepage of avforums where their regular updates where WHFS&V tends to be a bit quiet.
Ah nice one, I am posting on there more and more. I leave this website for messing about!

*good*

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
I remember when this forum was busy and people talked about home cinema, i think everybody has emigrated to avforums now. *biggrin*
I see you posting on there quite a lot.  You seem to post there more than here right?  

Too much hi-fi talk on What Hi-fi's forum? What is the world coming to?

Avforums sounds like a barrel of laughs with Simon and Maxflinn on there. Sorry did I say laughs? I meant monkeys.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
I firmly believe that this forum has improved since the keeper arrived! With his razor sharp wit and keen eye for detail..he battled the cosy club with their pomposity and vague sneering remarks and sent the cosy club a clear message! We are all equal here..if you are a new member or if your a old member! Your views have the same weight with me..im sure you had noticed when ever there's a injustice? The keeper appears and saved the day! We need more keepers..i for one would like to thank the keeper..keep up the good work sir...hahahaha

You've done your job, don't feel like you have to hang around, I'm sure the rest of will be fine from here...

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:

Avforums sounds like a barrel of laughs with Simon and Maxflinn on there. Sorry did I say laughs? I meant monkeys.
Max doesn't post on there!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
The_Lhc said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:
I remember when this forum was busy and people talked about home cinema, i think everybody has emigrated to avforums now. *biggrin*
I see you posting on there quite a lot.  You seem to post there more than here right?  

Still waiting for the AVI forum to tell him what his next opinion should be I guess...

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
gel said:
The_Lhc said:
simonlewis said:
gel said:
simonlewis said:

Still waiting for the AVI forum to tell him what his next opinion should be I guess...
Poor buggar did seem to rather brain washed.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
I firmly believe that this forum has improved since the keeper arrived! With his razor sharp wit and keen eye for detail..he battled the cosy club with their pomposity and vague sneering remarks and sent the cosy club a clear message! We are all equal here..if you are a new member or if your a old member! Your views have the same weight with me..im sure you had noticed when ever there's a injustice? The keeper appears and saved the day! We need more keepers..i for one would like to thank the keeper..keep up the good work sir...hahahaha

Family-festival-fun_articlelarge.jpg

K

keeper of the quays

spiny norman said:
I'm sorry Mr spiny..i have no idea what that image is? I don't watch much tv? I have never seen game of thrones or the walking dead..i saw midsomer murders last night and to be honest..the plot was rather weak and telegraphed itself..i listen to music...i was comparing conductors conducting Bruckner..very interesting if you like that sort of thing

Gray

spiny norman said:

Where else can you get entertainment like this?

(EDIT) and why did Spiny's picture disappear off this post?

D

Deleted member 2457

Gray said:
spiny norman said:

**** happens.

K

keeper of the quays

The_Lhc said:

You've done your job, don't feel like you have to hang around, I'm sure the rest of will be fine from here...
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree..when someone disagrees with the cosy club? They need a protector someone who has swallowed a dictionary and isn't afraid to put his heroic head above the self satisfied know all parapet! My choice words regales upon the those hapless chinless wonders..can you say the same Mr lhc? No you can't..a vocabulary of seven words is all very well..in the pub! I suggest reading..books..comics even viz..this will help broaden your syntax...cheers.

K

keeper of the quays

Gray said:
spiny norman said:

see...I'm right! We all need a keeper!

D

Deleted member 2457

Gray said:
spiny norman said:

Norwich more than most! *scratch_one-s_head*

K

keeper of the quays

gel said:
Gray said:
spiny norman said:

Norwich more than most!  *scratch_one-s_head*
lol..truth

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Gray said:
spiny norman said:

Norwich more than most! *scratch_one-s_head*
lol..truth
regular_smile.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree..when someone disagrees with the cosy club? They need a protector someone who has swallowed a dictionary and isn't afraid to put his heroic head above the self satisfied know all parapet! My choice words regales upon the those hapless chinless wonders..can you say the same Mr lhc? No you can't..a vocabulary of seven words is all very well..in the pub! I suggest reading..books..comics even viz..this will help broaden your syntax...cheers.

You have a problem with my vocabulary? That's a new one on me, I can be quite loquacious when I put my mind to it. I don't think anyone has ever accused me of that before, extraordinary.

You must need to have some ego to think that you and you alone can save the poor ignorant wretches here from the evil machinations of the old regulars. I expect the reality of your existence is that you're just a lonely, miserable old fart, living out his final years in abject misery trying to make himself feel important by winning anonymous "friends" with his feeble sense of humour. See, I can throw baseless, unsubstantiated accusations around as well, it doesn't make you witty or intellectual.

Edit: and at least I know how to punctuate properly...

K

keeper of the quays

The_Lhc said:
The_Lhc said:

You have a problem with my vocabulary? That's a new one on me, I can be quite loquacious when I put my mind to it. I don't think anyone has ever accused me of that before, extraordinary.

You must need to have some ego to think that you and you alone can save the poor ignorant wretches here from the evil machinations of the old regulars. I expect the reality of your existence is that you're just a lonely, miserable old fart, living out his final years in abject misery trying to make himself feel important by winning anonymous "friends" with his feeble sense of humour. See, I can throw baseless, unsubstantiated accusations around as well, it doesn't make you witty or intellectual.

Edit: and at least I know how to punctuate properly...
did you just google those words? Wow! I'm honoured! That you went to such trouble..your usual terseness seems to to have abdicated itself..unlike some of you lot, I'm not a forum tart! This is the only forum I belong to..and your comment regarding my tenure here? Gave me a vague feeling of pique! So I thought i would remonstrate with you..if you don't like taking it..dont give it..and whilst your whizzing through google to understand the words I have used? I have never used google in that regard..I don't need to Ps regarding punctuation? I can easily get my phone to do this..i choose not to as I like the way I write..i get my point across, people understand what I'm saying even halfwits!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
No, I don't have to Google anything to trade wits with the likes of you. I'm afraid you're rather guilty of assuming terseness is equivalent to ignorance. It isn't, I just say what I think without flannel or bluster, unlike your never-ending reams of drivel. Nobody thinks it's intelligent, it's just boring, droning on and on, repeating the same tired joke, it wasn't funny the first time, it still isn't now.

As for your inability to punctuate or capitalize correctly, using a phone is not an excuse, I use my phone for this place almost exclusively, as I am now. It's actually harder to write in the manner you do, rather than do things properly, and all you're doing is giving the impression of ignorance when you do that. It's a very good impression though.

Incidentally, an ellipsis, that you seem ridiculously attached to, is three dots...

As for not "giving it" if I can't take it, *****, please, I haven't even warmed up yet, ask any of the regulars you hold in such contempt what I'm like when I really get going. Bring it on, I could do with a laugh.

And....relax.

All I know is the difference between then and now... then there was no egoes. The most controversial subjects wasn't cables or active speakers but BISCUITS.

@Keeper: If you're the self-nominated 'big white hope' of the forum, can you dispense with the egoes around here please? Ah, that'll mean....

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
All I know is the difference between then and now... then there was no egoes. The most controversial subjects wasn't cables or active speakers but BISCUITS.

These days we just have the apparently crackers.

K

keeper of the quays

spiny norman said:
plastic penguin said:

These days we just have the apparently crackers.
gluten free crackers..dont forget rooibos tea

D

Deleted member 2457

Everybody everyone come and join the house of fun! *mosking*

TRENDING THREADS