Andrew / Clare - Help!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am having trouble with the Samsung LE26A457 picture setting despite using the THX optimiser setup. The colours just seem a bit dull and generally the picture is quite dark. Could you kindly post what the picture settings should be for this TV? Thank you in advance

A

Anonymous

Try These,

mode Standard

Backlight 8

Contrast 82

Brigthness 46

Sharpness 52

Colour 46

Tint 50

Detailed Settings

Black Adjust High

Dynamic contrast Low

Gamma 1

Colour space Auto

Flesh Tone -2

Edge Enhancement On

Picture Options Cool 2

Digital NR Auto

Hope that helps you

good luck

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Have you tried the ones above?

Without the set in front of me (and even if I did) I can't help much beyond that, i'm afraid, as everyone's room/lighting is different.

You've done the right thing by running THX - now take a tweak yourself with contrast/colour/brightnesss until you get a personalised fit for your room.

A

Anonymous

I tried JJ's settings and unfortunatley they did not work for me

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
...which shows exactly what I mean about everyone's set up being different.

I'd go back and re-run THX Optimiser (with the glasses, if you can get hold of a pair) and then customise the results by hand to suit.

A

Anonymous

The contrast setting proved rather impossible to set using the THX as turning the contrast up or down didn't show the different shades of white as it should do - just one shade

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Cube, set your contrast to around 3 quarters, brightness just abit below half way & colour about a quarter up.

The THX optimizer sets the brightness way to low IMO & the contrast does only show 1 shade thats why i suggest setting your contrast as ive stated, if you set em to this itll be a better guiedline for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts