Andrea Boccelli - Vivere - Live in Tuscany Blu Ray Help Finding?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

My dad would like this blu ray for christmas but I don't know where to find it?

Any help appreciated

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2457

I would much prefer not to import by the way.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi thanks for all your responses.

If I import it I really do not want to me done on import tax duty. Everytime I import from amazon.com I get done and it's quite a lot as well.

Done anyone know if I buy from australia on amazon.co.uk will I get done?. or from ebay.co.uk to another country?

Thanks

michael hoy

Gel.

Not been stung by the VAT man myself, I believe if it is around £18.00 in value, you should be OK.

Taken from Movietyme.com website :-

Q: Are shipments Liable To Import Tax & Duty?

A: Yes as a rule all items over £18 in value are liable for Customs Tax & Duty.

Customers of this site are responsible for paying local countries import taxes / duty and are none refundable by us.

D

Deleted member 2457

Does Movietyme.com sell it? I can't seem to find it on there website?

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks Michael hoy, does cduniverse.com do you for import tax?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Best option I can see is buying from amazon uk from a seller in australia for £23.00 and then I might get done on import tax duty?

This is too expensive for me does anyone know a cheaper way for me to get my hands on it?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The real problem isn't the tax and duty, which will be not very much, but the fact that most agencies - Royal Mail, courier companies and the like - will probably charge you at least twice as much again to collect the charges from you on a shipment like this.

Royal Mail, for example, charge a fee of £8, on top of the VAT due on your £23 disc, which would be around £3.50. Customs duty is waived if the amount of duty for which you are liable is less than £7, which it would be in this case.

D

Deleted member 2457

I've done it from amazon.com.

The total was £15.00 with free super saver shipping.

I felt I had no choice in the end and it was not a bad deal, fingers cross now.

Come on Mr Import Tax Duty Man do your worst.
emotion-12.gif

Thanks for all your help

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Mooney0581

It's region free from what I have been reading.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew the bill came to just over £15.00 from amazon.com how much do you think they will charge me this time to collect?

I came to the conclusion of around £3.00.

What do you think?

D

Deleted member 2457

Can someone with this blu ray just clarify it is region free isn't it?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Planet Earth HD DVD they done me about £8.00 to collect, yes £8.00.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The fee refers to any duty or VAT the Royal Mail pays on your behalf, then collects from you at the point of delivery. A package not subject to VAT and/or duty will just be delivered through the door like normal post.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I think a collection fee only applies if Royal Mail (or a courier) pays the import tax up front, and then claims it back from the person they deliver it to. Otherwise, you would have to wait for Customs & Excise to contact you, then pay the tax, then collect the package from them!

D

Deleted member 2457

What happens is I get a note from the post man through the door saying I have a package that needs to be collected.

Then when I get there they then charge the fee then.

And the last couple of times it's been on no matter the amount ie £15.00 or £12.00.

They still get me?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts