Analogue Works prices

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been mulling over investing in a new turntable, something to move up a league from what I currently have. Did my research, quite fancied the look (and the reviews) of the Analogue Works Turntable One.

I'm sure that when I checked it out just a few months ago it weighed in at about £1500 plus tonearm and cartridge. Looked again yesterday and it's now £2500. Has the price really jumped that much? Or did I imagine that it was £1500 only a few months ago?

(I've been know to lose track of time....)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like they're adopting the pricing structure of my works canteen. Lots of people stopped buying because the prices ramped-up, so their response was to whack the prices up some more. Yeah that helped.

MajorFubar said:
Sounds like they're adopting the pricing structure of my works canteen. Lots of people stopped buying because the prices ramped-up, so their response was to whack the prices up some more. Yeah that helped.

Perhaps they think that charging more makes a product appear more 'luxury' and punters will come rolling in.... ;-)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
MajorFubar said:

Perhaps they think that charging more makes a product appear more 'luxury' and punters will come rolling in.... ;-)

Much truth said in jest...wouldn't be at all surprised if that is AW's view. As for my work's canteen...like motorway service stations it's a 'captive' market, well captive in so far as to find an alternative you either bring our own food in or drive somewhere, because my works is in the middle of nowhere. But I've heard rumours there is going to be a small retail estate, including a family pub and fast food drivethru, on nearby derelict land. Both of those will finish the canteen, and other than feeling sorry for any staff who may lose their jobs, there will be no tears from us that's for sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts