Amplifiers NAIM NAIT XS-2 causes a fatigue during prolonged listening to?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I apologize for my English. Yapishu from Ukraine, I know bad English translator therefore, use Google. Need advice.I want to buy a power NAIM NAIT XS-2. I listened to a new set of pre / moschnika NAC 202/NAP 200 in the cabin about an hour and a younger integralnik NAIT 5i listened at home, it was b / y. Sound like much but one thing confused .... integralnik NAIT 5i, after just 10 minutes of listening causes ear pain and severe fatigue. With a new set of 200 NAC 202/NAP while listening for an hour under the kanets like, too, was a little tired, but thought maybe it was kind of tired ...
My question to the owners of the equipment NAIM, as the sound of their kits, or neutomitelen tedious if you can watch or listen to it really is a moment that the NAIM tires??
I read in the English forum what hi-fi reviews NAIT 5i owner that the sound was too tiring, but he wrote that during the transition to the NAIM NAIT XS-2 audio and much more comfortable gruzyaschy, he could listen for hours. Maybe they gave me NAIT 5i perepayany and he therefore loaded ....?
Please respond NAIM owners and answer how safe buying NAIM NAIT XS-2. I listen to it at the moment I can not close, I live the city of Kiev Ukraine, and there is only one unit packed and there is no way to listen to.
My system amp NAD 320 tuner DENON, Speakers DALI Mentor 2, adding that his system can listen for hours and no fatigue at all. I'll be glad to any advice.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
oxygen2001 said:
... integralnik NAIT 5i, after just 10 minutes of listening causes ear pain and severe fatigue.

I can't agree with you at all.

I had a Nait 5i/CD5i/NAT05/n-SAT system (with all Naim cables) for two years and it was not fatiguing at all. Tremendous clarity and a gorgeous mid-range especially with vocals.

I find over-soft/over-smooth/over-warm hi-fi far more fatiguing to listen to.

However, we can't all like the same things. Try listening to the Arcam A18 amplifier if it's available to you.

oxygen2001 said:
I'd like to believe that the sound will not bother.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have had a love/hate relationship with Naim. By that I mean with certain speakers they sound absolutely fantastic, with other types Naim sounds awful. As I don't know the major brands in your country, I'll list you the good and bad:

Naim Nait 5i/ XS-2: PMC - excellent; MonoPulse - excellent; Epos - very good*; Monitor Audio - bad; Spendor SA-1 - very good; Dynaudio - very good; Neat - very good*; ATC - not keen for long listening sessions.

Can't say for sure, but Dali presentaion, from what I'm told, is similar to Monitor Audio. If that is correct then it'll be one to avoid, in my opinion.

These are based on my own opinion, so others will be different.

*Not personally heard, but have a good reputation.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Another poster recently mentioned his system was a bit bright. He was using Dali too. Not saying it's the cause, but might be a contributing factor.

i had a home demo of the mentor2 and thought the treble was very bright, bizarre almost.

A

Anonymous

Craig M. said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Another poster recently mentioned his system was a bit bright. He was using Dali too. Not saying it's the cause, but might be a contributing factor.

i had a home demo of the mentor2 and thought the treble was very bright, bizarre almost.

Dali Mentor 2 is not very similar to the Monitor Audio. Gave a very musical, very natural, the sound is very soft and they can listen for hours. They sound very komforno. In contrast to the Monitor Audio that cause anxiety and wants to go in the kitchen listening to the radio. Therefore, it is not in Dali's for sure)

A

Anonymous

Craig M. said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:

I wonder what changed and the Dali mentor and why?

SSM

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
The Mentor One was on my shopping list last year. The treble was too bright and overbearing for my tastes. The Naim is a fine amp, I didn't find it fatiguing at all when I considered it.

FWIW,

cheerSS

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts