Amplifier recommendation for HD800S

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Recently acquired Hd800s my chord mojo is not sufficient to drive these, any recommendations on dac + headphones desktop amplifier, or should I use mojo as dac and external amplifier like Beyerdynamics A1 which What hifi used during review, I am not sure if SE output of A1 can drive Hd800s with authority and have sufficient power.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
NigelF said:
Recently acquired Hd800s my chord mojo is not sufficient to drive these, any recommendations on dac + headphones desktop amplifier, or should I use mojo as dac and external amplifier like Beyerdynamics A1 which What hifi used during review, I am not sure if SE output of A1 can drive Hd800s with authority and have sufficient power.

These headphones are only 300 ohms, but the mojo is designed to drive headphones up to 800 ohms. In what respect is the mojo not sufficient to drive those headphones?

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
hi ,

I think I miss some bass extension in HD800s thats why I thought my chord mojo is not sufficient. Will there be benefit to use more powerful amp like A1 or any other recomendation.

My understanding was HD800s were improved in bass over HD800 unless I am wrong.

NigelF said:
hi ,

I think I miss some bass extension in HD800s thats why I thought my chord mojo is not sufficient. Will there be benefit to use more powerful amp like A1 or any other recomendation.

There is a subsection for this that may get more replies.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
NigelF said:
hi ,

Both the mojo and HD 800s are neutral, so you are hearing the true representation of your music.

It sounds like you prefer a bass heavy sound.

Have a read of this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/785577/sennheiser-hd800s-unveiled/4920

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts