Question Amplifier for Tonsil - Altus 300 stereo speakers

mjollnir616

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am looking for an amplifier which will be used with a pair of Tonsil speakers ( Altus 300).
The maximum price would be 600 euros.
I would also appreciate if someone could suggest some decent cables with which to connect them to the amplifier.

THE SPEAKERS
Rated power - 150W
Maximal power -300W
Impedance -8 Ω
bandwidth -30 -18000 Hz
Effectiveness -91 dB
Dimensions [W x H x D] -400x890x335 mm
Weight -24 kg
Subwoofer -GDN 30/100/11 8Ω
Mid-woofer -GDM 18/80 8 Ω
Tweeter -GDWT 9/100 8Ω

The official website with their description : http://www.tonsilproducent.pl/en/stereo-sets/altus-300

Picture with the connectors on the back ( excuse the dust and spider webs) :
Capture.JPG

In their description it is written that they are prepared for “bi- wirring”, “bi-ampling” connections. I am not really familiar with that. I can ignore it but if anyone can suggest an amplifier which allows for such a connection to be made then that would be a plus.

I would like to thank anyone that will take the time to make suggestions.

Just about any amplifier in your budget will work with those speakers. You don't have to bi-wire and personally I wouldn't bother, so any speaker cable of decent quality will be fine. Just run them to either top of bottom pair of terminals on those speakers.
Are you in Poland?
Can you get to audition any amplifiers?
Some idea of what you are going to connect to the amplifier might help.
Perhaps something like the Marantz PM6006 would suit

mjollnir616

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
I'm not in Poland, unfortunately the shops are closed so auditioning before buying isn't an option.
I would like to connect a computer/laptop to the amplifier. Occasionally a phone, using Bluetooth.
Are there some amplifiers with an integrated Bluetooth option?

I'm not in Poland, unfortunately the shops are closed so auditioning before buying isn't an option.
I would like to connect a computer/laptop to the amplifier. Occasionally a phone, using Bluetooth.
Are there some amplifiers with an integrated Bluetooth option?
So the amplifier requires an integrated DAC and Bluetooth facility?
This limits your options.
There are add-on Bluetooth receiver options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts