Amping Dali Zensor 5.1

Omniscience

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm very new to Home Cinema surround sound and have some (most likely) simple questions that I'm just completely oblivious to.

I've recently purchased:
1x Zensor Vokal - 120w
2x Zensor 1 bookshelf pairs - (not sure on wattage, as the specs say 100w. Could be 50w ea or 100w ea)
1x Whafedale 10" sub - 150w

I will be running these out of my PC which contains a Creative Soundblaster PCI Soundcard, but will be looking to upgrade if necassary.

I plan on using this set-up for music, movies and games with respective priority. However, I'm an avid music listenner and would like to stear towards that audio quality side of things. Predominantly metal such as Periphery, Katatonia, Opeth etc.

I've reached the stage of amping everything together and have absolutely no experience. From what I gather, I need a preamp from the soundcard, into a powered amp, to the speakers. If this is correct, should I seek out a preamp with an eq or is pc software adequate? Do I even need both preamp and powered? What sort of horsepower should be looking at as the total comes to 470w. Would it be viable to simply up my pc's power supply to account for the get-up as a whole, bypassing all amp stages?

So many questions, I do apologise and I will greatly appreciate any tips and suggestions

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi There as no one has answered ill give it a shot. From what i have read and if i understand correctly all you need to is buy an Av reciever no pre amp needed, unless you wanted to go that route that is.

Then all you need do is run an optical cable to the amp and let that do the work of decosing everything.

Pioneer tend to go well with dail speakers but i have no expericance with the ones mentioned......

Hope i have answered and unstood correctly

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts