A

Anonymous

All amps support wav and mp3, those are just 2 sound formats, one which is a lossless, the other is lossy (i.e compressed). Therefore the question is whether the source will support the mentioned sound formats and if so, many cd players do not support mp3 cd's, therefore you would be at a digital source i.e. pc, or ps3 etc. However if the question is solely about amps, well what is your budget? you can pick up a second hand amp for cheap prices but obviously new amps are a different proposition price wise, so would need to know your budget.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
yes, the source (cdp/ipod/pc/etc) is the bit that determines wether or not you can listen to mp3 etc. what are you currently using to play music? what type of music do you listen to, what sort of sound do you like, and what is your budget? oh, and what speakers have you got?

A

Anonymous

What I need is a system, whether from separates or from an all in one unit, that has the facility to play Mp3 /flac /wav files from a usb connector mounted on the amp, also fm and internet radio. A lot of low powered mini systems have all of this, but there seems to be virtually no choice of anything with a decent power output. Pioneer have the PDX-Z9 but on close inspection it will only deliver 20 watts into 8ohm speakers. I am looking at a maximum budget of about £1000. Can anyone help?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts