Amp/Speaker Issues........HELP!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm both new here and new to hi-fi stuff.

I've just inherited a pair of Leak Sandwich 600 speakers from my nan, and already have a Sony TA-FE570 amp.

The amp is rated at 110W each side (4 ohms) and apparently 55W each side (8 ohms). It says on the back that it will feed 4-16 ohms.

The speakers are rated at 40W, but say on the back '4-8 ohms'. Is there any way of knowing how the 2 will interact? I know it's not a great amp but I can't afford another right now - is it OK to use those speakers with that amp?

Here's hoping you can help!

Alex

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Leak Sandwich, there's a name from the past - my next door neighbour (when I lived with my parents) had a set of those - lovely speakers!!!

The amp will power the speakers without any problems at all. The main problem is when the speakers resistance are less than that which the amp can cope with (i.e. 4ohm speakers on an 8-16ohm amp). Yours will be fine...

Just be aware that the amp has more power than the speakers can cope with, and also with the age of the leaks, don't go caning 7 shades out of them, otherwise the cones might not last too long!

Have fun, and enjoy!

A

Anonymous

Thanks!

I tend not to crank stuff up anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem - I like to actually listen to music rather than suffer it!!

TRENDING THREADS