Old speakers' power rating

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Yes, I'm referring to passive speakers.

As for the examples - speakers' product pages and HiFi enthusiast websites.

As such it is the power handling ability of a single transducer.
Given a speaker with multiple drivers quoting a RMS figure for the speaker itself is meaningless so a figure for maximum power recommendation is normally quoted.

Reactions: DougK1

arkanoid

Oct 17, 2024
Visit site
As such it is the power handling ability of a single transducer.
Given a speaker with multiple drivers quoting a RMS figure for the speaker itself is meaningless so a figure for maximum power recommendation is normally quoted.

I'm not saying that the RMS is used correctly or makes sense in the example, but it is used.

I can provide a long list of examples with floor-standing and bookshelf passive speakers' product pages but in Polish. Maybe here it's more common to use RMS this way than in English-speaking countries.

Anyway, this is off-topic at his point.

Gray

It would say that's rather obvious
With respect, I have to say that your questions and responses make you come across as a unique combination of expert and novice.

People here have tried to give advice.

You're after an amp for your speakers - but have given no real clue as to what your source(s) might be.

As @nopiano has stated, you will not need 50 watts as a minimum - up to you whether you believe him.

Seriously, good luck with finding what you're after - once you know what it is 👍

Reactions: Ethics Gradient

TRENDING THREADS