Amp Repair advice needed Arcam 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, unfortuanately I have managed to knock my much loved Arcam 6 amp on the floor (only fell about a foot) it fell on to the back and now only one of the speakers works, the other doesn't make any sound but just crackles every now and then. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could offer advice on what could be wrong/broken or what to look for inside or even offering parts to repair it (of course I will pay).

Thanks to anyone that can help and is willing to. Al

John Duncan

Nice idea, but check your contents insurance won't then go up by the price of a Primare
emotion-1.gif

Otherwise, agree - bin it and buy another.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
John
How are the Penguins?

P.S In answer to original post, talk to insurance but cheapest option is probably second-hand alpah 7 on eBay or similar

John Duncan

[quote user="Gwyndy"]John
How are the Penguins?[/quote]

Very nice thank you - 50% extra free in Waitrose at the moment. Got some Tunnocks Caramel Wafers in as well, which are better than bi-wiring.

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem with my JVC. Here's a good way of diagnosing the problem. Turn the balance to the broken output, turn it up fairly high (not over half way) with a cd/tuner/record on and then see if you can vaguely hear it. If the answer is yes - that's not all bad news because it means the power amplifier is broken and a little fiddling inside (UNPLUGEED, CAPACITORS DISCHARGED) may resolve the problem. If there is no sound, perhaps intermittent distorted sounds, give it a tap all around (back/top/under/sides/front) about the same strength as knocking on someones door and if it comes back on now, you have a dry joint somewhere on the circuit boards which, put briefly, means there is a loose connection somewhere.

Hughes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts