admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

Just in need of some amp help,

Getting my first system and have settled for wharfdale diamond 9 speakers, now the hard part trying to find an amp!

Preferably want one thats bi-wireable and will probably get one off ebay second-hand.

Got a few that I shortlisted -

Rotel RA930ax

Nad C350

Cambridge Audio A300

Rega Brio 3

Cambridge Audio A5

Nad 3020

Anyone have any suggestions which would be the best? Or any others not listed? I'm no expert so not looking at paying top whack but would like something with a good bass, crisp sounds etc

Thanks! 

A

Anonymous

A change of mind then?

Out of those I like the Rega the most but with the Wharfedale's I'd go with a NADÿ

A

Anonymous

haha yeah, just confusing myself really...

The c350 nad? ÿ

A

Anonymous

They're both good, how much are they? or is it an ebay job?

A

Anonymous

Yup, ebay job, also the c352 is another candidate. I think I should randomly pick as I bet they'll all sound good to my untrained ear and compared to what I've been using!

A

Anonymous

fjones101:

Hi there,

Just in need of some amp help,

Getting my first system and have settled for wharfdale diamond 9 speakers, now the hard part trying to find an amp!

Preferably want one thats bi-wireable and will probably get one off ebay second-hand.

Got a few that I shortlisted -

Rotel RA930ax

Nad C350

Cambridge Audio A300

Rega Brio 3

Cambridge Audio A5

Nad 3020

Anyone have any suggestions which would be the best? Or any others not listed? I'm no expert so not looking at paying top whack but would like something with a good bass, crisp sounds etc

Thanks!

Some fairly opposite-end-of-scale items listed there!
Avoid the 3020 and the Cambridge stuff you mention - old, boring, lightweight and gutless. You can get newer and great sounding CA stuff on eBay for little more... not to mention plenty of older units which were originally "mid range" if you will.

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for reply,

That's the thing, I know I can probably just get an older model off ebay that was pretty good in its day (and still is) - I just don't what they might be...! Any suggestions?? Thanksÿ

A

Anonymous

Personally I would leave of any kind CA well alone. Jbadman seems to have more knowledge than me on the NAD's so why not go for theÿC350?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts