amp for £100 or less (used)

codnan

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi there ,I am planning on buying an amp and speakers in a couple of weeks and wanted any advice ,as I want desperate items and was hoping to not spend too much I have been looking at a pair of wharfdale diamond 9.1 ,and was wondering what amp for less than £100 I should be looking at ( I have mostly been looking at used ones on eBay ,as some go very cheap)

codnan

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response , but dam that Yamaha DSP-AX620 is ugly ,not sure I could live with that in my living room .....I do like the NAD but it seems there arnt many of those on eBay and the ones that have sold went for about £110+ postage ,might be pushing the budget a little

Any one else got any more suggestions or is the NAD the best to aim for

codnan

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
How do the older amps stand up against new ones sound wise?

I do kinda like the old arcams and NAD s as that's what my parents had when I was young ,also they look simple and were mostly built in the UK (back before mass Chinese construction). But I am not sure about how much longer they can last ,most already been going for over 30 years ,seems like a very long time for electrical things (especially nowadays)

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
You might bag a Rega Brio3 for £100 if you are lucky, or an Arcam AVR200 which is actually a pretty decent 2-channel amp to be honest for the money.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
How about a Rotel RA04 ive just replaced mine with a Leema Pulse and it still sounded pretty good driving my new PMC DB1i. Other benifit it will only be around 2007 vintage so still plenty of life. I must say its has a simular pacey soumd like the Leema.

chrisr1718

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
You can still get a Cyrus 2 for around £100 on ebay. Cyrus 1 a bit cheaper. Just sold one!

Be careful though as traders tend to over price them.

There's a Cyrus 2 & PSX currently on ebay at £300 each!
smiley-surprised.gif

Go for the later metal chassis ones.
smiley-smile.gif

codnan

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I finally got an amp ,thanks for all the suggestions . in the end I managed to get an audio analogue Puccini for £99 ,that needed a few fuses replaced ,works great now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts