Question AMP+DAC (again)

Burroughs70

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone, I know this a question you've spoken about hundreds of times, but I would like to know what you think about it.
My headphone setup is quite easy: MacBook Pro (early '15) connected to a Schiit Magni 3, sometimes I use Grado SR60 or Austrian Hi X50 as headphones and Audirvana (which has a DAC software) as my music library manager.
I was thinking about getting a DAC (basically Modi 3+ or JDS Labs Atom DAC+) but, to be honest, don't know if my listening experience could get any better.
Do you think I'd rather focus on buying some proper RCA cables instead?
Thank you very much for your help.

Tinman1952

Thanks for your reply, but what do you exacty mean when you say that Audirvana processes everything in the digital domain???
Well exactly that! The audio is digital ‘ones and zeros’… if you want to actually hear sound then you need a digital to analogue converter (dac]. So streaming services, local files (FLAC, mp3 etc…) are all digital data. Audirvana optimises playback on a computer by stopping non essential services running and also buffers the audio and plays from computer memory. It can also upsample and convert to different digital format….but it’s all digital!

Reactions: Burroughs70

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts