Amp and Speakers for Cyrus cd6s?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

After 8 years without a hifi upgrade, I have just purchased a Cyrus cd6s off e-bay to replace my Marantz 6000 OSE. I'd really appreciate recommendations on an amp and speakers to partner this with. The amp will be replaing a budget Cambridge A500 and speakers replacing Gale Gold Monitors. I only have a small room and am looking to spend no more than £600 (hopefully less, money is an important consideration and I will need speaker cable within this budget too).

Amp wise - I have looked at the cyrus 6vs2 which I guess makes a lot of sense but wouldn't leave much for speakers. I see Marantz seem to get a lot of good reviews and I do wonder whether the NAD 326BEE or older Roksan Kandy MK3 are any kop? Speaker wise - I am pretty ignorant, any suggestions greatly appreciated. Bookshelf only I'm afraid. Heard a mate's B&W 685's - they were fantastic, but they are out of my league.

This set up will hopefully last me the next 8 years - I'd love to get it right! I listen to a wide range of music - my cd collection is mostly instrumental classical and that's why I invested in what I hope is a decent cd player. But I also listen to the likes of Sepultura, Pantera, Beatles, jazz and hip hop - anything with balls and musicmanship really.

Many Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Thanks 1978. Sorry - can you expand on what you mean by approved? Is there somewhere I can get recommendations like this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts