Alternatives to the Arcam wireless rdac

jaffers1969

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a budget system I bought 20 years ago.

I'm looking to get a wireless DAC to stream music from my ipod. I listen to the radio, iplayer and music through this. I'm also planning on subscribing to something like spotify too.

The Arcam wireless rdac (with rwand for the ipod) seems ideal for my needs. Are there any other alternatives to this?

jaffers1969

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the interesting suggestion, i assume this means you connect the airport express to the dac via usb. Is this correct?

If this is the case, I guess you can use the airport express to connect to any dac with a usb input?

jaffers1969

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm not limited to the rdac alone - I thought I was until you suggested the Airport Express.

Now I'm spolit for options. One that appeals is the Audiolab 8200 CD/DAC. I have to replace my CD player since the CD tray no longer functions - the spindle broke since my son continually opened/force closed the tray :(

Also, my wife still listens to CDs so we still need a CD player.

However, given the price/quality of the unit, I'll need to upgrade my budget amp (NAD 302)/speakers (Mission 760i) in due course. I don't think they would do the CD/DAC justice.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Audioengine D2 coming soon. It can even handle 24bit/96k files !

AAED2.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts