Albums that take you away......

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Agree with Beta Band, saw Gordon Anderson's new band The Aliens last summer at The Green Man festy. Crazy. Maybe summer before I forget.......

A

Anonymous

Agree with Ocean Rain, I saw Echo & the Bunnymen perform it at the Albert Hall recently -- amazing!

For me, of stuff I've got on vinyl, I'd add Sparks - Kimono My House, Kate Bush - Hounds of Love, Talking Heads - Fear of Music, Elvis Costello - Imperial Bedroom, Siouxsie & the Banshees - Juju, The The - Infected, David Bowie - Scary Monsters, Dr. John - Gris-gris, Neil Young - On the Beach.

Could go on and on...

A

Anonymous

i agree , i think Queen could turn there hand to any style of music to suit the times, only the good die young!

A

Anonymous

not a single blue nile album amongst such a distinguished collection of audiophiles?!?

feast of wire - calexico

the colour of spring - talk talk

a walk across the rooftops - the blue nile

heaven or las vegas - cocteau twins (although anything with liz fraser does it for me)

astronauts - the lilac time

doolittle - the pixies

the queen is dead - the smiths

T

the record spot

A handful of many...

Genesis: A Trick of the Tail
Keith Jarret: The Koln Concert
Elton John: Madman Across the Water
Aimee Mann: Whatever
Neil Young: After the Goldrush / Ragged Glory
Motorhead: Ace of Spades (the album - peerless IMO)
Jepp: Jepp (debut)
Yes: Close to the Edge
Little Feat: Dixie Chicken

...and the rest!

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Yeehaw, amongst other things I do occasionally stomp my feet to a bit of Southern good old timey country music. Yessir, I be steeped in 'dem Norman Blake 'an Mississippi John Hurt tunes. I got me some mean fiddling goin' on too.

The above is true. I've very diverse tastes. For yomping round town with my MP3 player I seem to keep coming back to anything by

Fela Kuti

Just makes me smile as I walk.

A

Anonymous

Susan Vega "Best of"

I'm not into vocals but this is my girlfriends and I can't get it out of my head!

My system never sounded so good!

Clear bass, perfect vocals, catchy sound.

Try!!!ÿ

A

Anonymous

LowFeller:not a single blue nile album amongst such a distinguished collection of audiophiles?!?
feast of wire - calexico
the colour of spring - talk talk
a walk across the rooftops - the blue nile
heaven or las vegas - cocteau twins (although anything with liz fraser does it for me)
astronauts - the lilac time
doolittle - the pixies
the queen is dead - the smiths

A fellow Geordie with fine taste. I'm looking for a flat/house in Low Fell and surrounding where I can play my hifi in peace (seriously!)

A

Anonymous

Terryff:Just got hold of 17 album box set of Jacqueline DuPr‚. That ought to do it.

The music hall at St.Hilda's in Oxford where I do my guitar grades is called the Jacqueline DuPre hall, because she was made an honourary memeber of it! One of the best string players ever, and it's so sad that she died so young.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Graham. Hope you manage to find a place then because the Fell is a very canny place live. Or at least it was when I lived there, and its been a while since I moved away. I once bumped into (literally) Kenny Dalglish as he was coming out of The Belle Vue in happier times for the Toon.

TRENDING THREADS