Airfoil /Airplay on HomeHub 3

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I've used Airfoil for ages to stream Spotify to my hi fi via Apple TV. However, until today I've had a TP Link wi fi access point replacing the wi fi duties of my HomeHub3. Today I had a fiddle and got it to extend my HH3 instead, so I'm effectively now connecting over wi fi to my HH.

Now my Apple TV no longer shows up in Airfoil and iTunes. Plug an ethernet cable in and it's there. So what's stopping it over wi fi using the HomeHub? I assumed it was a port forwarding issue but there's nothing online alluding to it.

Any ideas?

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Roger,I have HH3 myself and it is connected to my ATV 2 over Wi-Fi.The ATV is Connected to my AV system via optical and TV via Hdmi.When I bring up itunes on my iMac and click on airplay icon it clearly shows ATV.My Hub is 6 metres line of sight from my ATV.Have never had a problem like yours though.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks BB.

Well this is odd. No I hadn't updated my ATV to my latest wi fi settings, as it's plugged in via ethernet. It's worked this way for ages. So I thought I'd update its wi fi settings even though it's not using it. Didn't make a difference: but, unplug the ethernet cable and it works - I can stream Airplay / Airfoil to it.

So what's going on? Airplay streams to the network, not wi fi perse, and I've never had any problems over ethernet before... I guess there's an incompatibility issue on my network somewhere with the new wi fi config.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts