Aerial splitter so i can watch Freesat

fizban_UK

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Hello all

I'm looking for an aerial splitter that will allow me to watch my freesat TV whilst still leaving my Sky+ box connected. I've tried a cheap Radioshack one, but that doesn't allow me to plug the two in at once (the Freesat says no signal when the Sky+ is connected). Has anybody used one and if so do they have any recommendations?

Thanks

Gregg

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Won't work. You need a separate feed from the LNB receiver on the dish for each tuner input.

So if you have Sky+ fed from a dual LNB - ie with two downleads - you'll need to upgrade to a quad LNB with four outlets, and run an extra cable to the Freesat device.

Or, in the case of a twin-tuner Freesat recorder, two more cables, each from its own LNB output.

daveh75

The reason it didn't work is that you can't split a satellite signal like you can a terrestrial aerial(freeview) signal.

The only way round it is, to run an Extra feed from the LNB(part on dish arm that receives signal) to the STB if your LNB has spare port's, if not you will also need to upgrade the LNB to a quad LNB(4 ports)

fizban_UK

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
Ho Hum

Better tell the wife she's getting a new "architectural feature" on the side of the house then.

BTW - Does SkyHD use a bigger LNB? I've got Sky+ with multi-room so all four connections from my LNB are being used, i was hoping that if i did get SkyHD and it needed additional connections, i could utilise any extra connections from that.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you wanted to keep both of the Sky+ boxes and add Sky HD, you'll need an octo LNB, with eight outputs.

If you're just swapping one Sky+ box for a Sky+HD one, you can use the existing feeds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts