AE Aegis Neo 5.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought this speaker package, for the ridiculous amount of £500. I now need to upgrade my amplifier and dont know if the likes of the Sony STR-DG820 or the Yamaha DSP-AX763 is good enough for the speakers?

Will one of these do, or should I be investing more money into the Amplifier? If I should, what is recommended?

I've asked previously about this, but perhaps my wording didnt pique anyones interest lol

A

Anonymous

Bump

Can no-one offer any help with this, surely someone has this speaker package, or can offer some advice here?

A

Anonymous

Someone here will get around to you sooner or later mate! Everyone's snowed under.....so it shouldn't be long.

Nice speaker system, btw.

A

Anonymous

"Challenge this package with some big Lord of the Rings battles, and it sings", "This package does all the important things very right, and is superb value for money".

WHF Review (November 2006)

A

Anonymous

Hi eddmac,
I have the AE Aegis evo speaker package that preceeded the Neo's, currentlty I'm running them with the Pioneer LX81 receiver and until recently had nice results from the Sony DA1200ES they are very nice speaker.
I believe the Neo's are an improvement over the evo's, so it depends on how much you want to spend, there are some great receivers now for around £500 and you would have a nice system.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply guys,

Thats what I was afraid of, that I will need to spend much more to get a receiver/amp that does the speakers justice.

I was hoping to get away with the Yamaha DSP-AX763 for around £290, but it seems that I will need better amplification?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts