Advise on upgrading Yamaha DSP595A

proterra

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I have an elderly yamaha DSP595A and want to upgrade it for one with HD Mi connectivity. I need a pre amp output for my front speakers to go through my Musical fidelity A308 Amp with Castle floorstanding speakers. The rest of system is a Panasonic Freesat HD TV, Foxsat-HDR with HDMi and a upscaling Panasonic DVD with digital Coax. I have a pair of Sequence 1's for rears and MJ acoustics Sub. My budget is about £400-£500 . Can you recomend a decent upgrade please. Its just for playing AV as I use my MF for music.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this does help but if you are happy with the sound signature of the Yamaha then stay with them, they have a dearth of AV receivers in the price range you mention, and maybe stretch a little bit to improve dramatically

We started with the 595, then the RXV 1300 and now the RXV 2700, not upgrading to HDMI HD sound connectivity as yet as will use the analogue out for Blu Ray

Still, excellent features and sound

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
I also need to replace the same amp!

Budget is low (£300) and cant seem to find anyone who knows how much better a current budget amp will be? Would the award winning Sony 800 be a better buy than a 4 star Yamaha for example?

A

Anonymous

The yamaha amps with pre-outs start with the £370 765. The !065 at £509 seems the best bargain to me as it was a £700 amp and the Yamaha competitor to the Denon 2310.

As previously said, if you like the Yamaha sound, it's advisable to stick with Yamaha. The Sony will have a different sound to the Yamahas. At a similar price to the Sony h800, you've got the denon £300 1610, which will be more in keeping with the sound you're used to with the Yamaha, along with the £330 Yamaha 565.

proterra

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I've decided on the Yamaha RX V765, Had a listen to one at shop and sounds good. Plus with pre outs it fills my needs. Been trying to sell my old one on local forum at £70 but no takers. thanks for all the advice

TRENDING THREADS