advice please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
some advice would be much appreciated I'm currently using a onkyo tx-nr807 receiver with monitor audio br2av cinema package (soon to add a pr of br6 floorstanders) but want to add a media center pc but not sure what to get I want to play music through it mainly but also want to surf web and use tv as monitor my laptop has just finally given up and as this is the 3rd time I've lost all my music thought perhaps a media center the way to go any suggestions would be a great helpthanks in advance rob

A

Anonymous

Those MP3s arent lost just connect the hard drive to a pc and they'll show up

Alot quiter and cheaper option is either the WDTV Live (cant pass through DTS-HD) £80 delivered or the Popcorn Hour a200(£165) / c200 (£260) can pass DTS-HD

I find the music player on the WDTV Live is leagues better than the very poor popcorn hours but obviously can only pass TrueHD

A

Anonymous

Or ACRYAN media streamer, not sure if that streams HD audio

A

Anonymous

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but I have some doubts regarding USB.

If you have 1080p rip on ext HDD connected via USB to let's say Popcorn Hour and stream it to A/V receiver via ethernet or wi-fi, will the USB connection of the ext HDD throttle the transfer?

Or, to put it simply: Does USB have enough bandwidth for streaming 1080p + DTS-HD?

Best rgds,

Goran

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
A lot of these types of drives have eSATA or their own hard drive.

But also they'll probably do some sort of buffering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts