Advice please :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Ive decided to take my first steps into home cinema, and would like some advice please. Im interested in purchasing the Yamaha DSPZ7 along with the Yamaha BDS1900 blu ray player. I need advice on what sort of speaker package i should go for with this amp. I dont really wanna spend alot although i know they would have to be decent enough to go with the amp. Is there a speaker package in the price range of £1000 that would be ideal with this setup?

A

Anonymous

Nice Amp for your first setp, good choice.

But you will need to spend a little more on speakers to do it justice (£1500-2000), something like the MA RX6AV or B&W 684 pack if your going with traditionalspeakers.

Or the B&W MT30 or MA Radius HD range (225HD) with the a better sub, if you like style speakers.

Yamaha's match really well with Monitor Audio Speakers.

Audition everything with the amp you want and see what sounds best to you.

A

Anonymous

Hi markjaspi, thanks for reply. I did think i would have to spend i bit more on the speakers. I do like the RX6 AV12 AV Speaker Package, so might just spend the extra and purchase them.

Thanks agian.

John Duncan

That's a perect choice I'd say, but I still think you could spend a grand (or even less) and be happy - the Q Acoustics 2000 series (with the 2050s at the front) would kick some -rse I'll bet...

A

Anonymous

Hi John. Thanks for reply. I would like to spend as little as possible to be honest lol. I much prefer floor standing speakers, also i was just reading a few threads here that people shouldnt cheap out on speakers with this amp. Im taking all advice on board before commiting to anything :)

EDIT: What are the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers like with this amp?

A

Anonymous

If you're open to the idea of spending a tad more, and you fancy an alternative to the B&W/MA route, then how about some KEF IQ90's for your fronts, the IQ60C centre, and IQ30's for your rears. Partner this lot with a half-decent sub, and you'll have yourself a mighty fine system that you should be able to wangle for around the £1500 mark if you speak to a dealer nicely. :)

They'll partner perfectly with the Yamaha, and should bring a smile to your face both musically and visually.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:

But you will need to spend a little more on speakers to do it justice (£1500-2000), something like the MA RX6AV or B&W 684 pack if your going with traditionalspeakers.

Or the B&W MT30 or MA Radius HD range (225HD) with the a better sub, if you like style speakers.

Why does everyone hack on the HD sub, I think its amazing, has a good review from what hifi, I have the R370HD and it makes my house shake when needed. and the build quality is amazing,

A

Anonymous

canada16:markjaspi:

Canada16, Not putting the 370HD down at all, I am sure it is an excellent sub (may even consider one myself) but the NR3007 is such a substaintial AVR that's it probably deserves something around 500W.

I have the MA RX1's, RXC & FXRX(on order) so I beleive you on the build quality, your sub will be on my short list, shortly.

With the RSW12, BRW10 etc.

Why does everyone hack on the HD sub, I think its amazing, has a good review from what hifi, I have the R370HD and it makes my house shake when needed. and the build quality is amazing,

A

Anonymous

Sorry, you just see on another well known forum, people saying MA are rubish, well the radius ones and even the HD radius.

They prob have not even heard them.

Got to stick up for my stuff... LOL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts