Advice on the most reliable Freeview recorder

Chelseafan23

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have suffered yet another freeze on my Humax PVR9200T - coupled with a total scrambling of the titles in the recorded programme list. I have had enough and can't get rid of it quickly enough!

I can personally live without state of the art image/sound quality - what I want is a unit that will record programmes and play them back reliably without scrambling them and creating apparent duplicates, without having a hissy fit because I might have had the temerity to press buttons a bit more quickly than it likes, or because it's HDD is getting a little full. After all, PCs don't usually do that - if they did Bill Gates would be a liitle poorer. Looking at numerous reviews this type of problem is fairly common to most Humax models and not unknown with other makes.

Are there any makes/models on the market that are a lot more reliable - I can probably go to about £300 max.

Any advice is gratefully received.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I've never had any such issues with my Digital Stream DHR8205 - it just records things and I watch them when I want to. Did my own review of this box ages ago here. You can get it for £180 from Amazon at the mo.

Having said that, I know there are a few people around who use Humax's FOX HDR-T2 just fine as well.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Chelseafan23 said:
what I want is a unit that will record programmes and play them back reliably without scrambling them and creating apparent duplicates, without having a hissy fit because I might have had the temerity to press buttons a bit more quickly than it likes, or because it's HDD is getting a little full.
I wanted exactly the same thing too. No frills, just something which could be relied upon to record any programme off Freeview and play it back with no issues, no feezes and no HDD crashes. So I bought one. It's called a VCR.

A

Anonymous

I have a Sony RDR HXD970 cd/dvd player freeview recorder etc. 250gb harddrive, very good freeview tuner.

It is about 6 years old and has never given me a moment's bother.

I was considering a new Humax after the great review in the latest issue and wanting the iplayer etc platform, but perhaps not?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts