Looking for new on the go heaphones for over a year, help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I am looking since januari 2011 for a good headphone for on the go, have been using a pair of senns since then, I had the original Bose on ears but the broke after 3 years of very extensive use.

The fact that the senns can be folded are becoming a problem more and more for me.

For giving me some advice there are maybe a couple of things that I should mention

1. I hate in ear things, just don't like things being jammed into my ears.

2. I tried the monster beats. Didn't like the "to much" bass on them.

3. I wear glases

4. Budget: €350 max

5: Music: Trance most of the time, the rest is pop, rock, classic

6: My at home system is while I don't have got much space, the B and W zeppelin mini, I like it a lot, but no comparing to headphones I know

Furthermore what you should know

Almost every day ( at least 5 days week), I am a commuter with almost 2 hours in a train, my holidays are by train sometimes 4, sometimes 6 hours single trip, visit family and friends quite often 4 hours single trip also by train

So now on with my experiences and models I tried and

1. Bose QC 3. The same as my original bose oa's but then with noise cancelling in them. I found them compared to the phones I use now to have to little to non bass... So a no go

2. B&W P5. As the bass was better then the Bose QC3, and a lot of reviews state that they are comfortable, I wonder, how comfortable are they on the long run because the way I felt it the did presure a little bit because of my glases

3. Beyerdynamics T50P Not having heard the sound of them, but just had them on, I found the earcups to small. I prefer something like the bose OA/B and W P5 or all around fit like the beats.

Now I am curious about these models:

- Bose quietcomfort 15. I could't find a store yet where they are demoed, or I get the answer if they have them ' sorry, we can't get them out of the box for you so you can listen' . I wonder while the QC3 doesnt do well for me as having no bass, how does the QC 15 compare?

- Bose on ear 2: The secound version of my old cans, some people say it sounds the same as the OC 15 but then without the nc technique, for a lot less money. True?

- Audiotechnica ES55: I am afraid that the cups are the same size as the beyerdynamic T50P, but a lot of positive reviews, but some peaple complain about comfort issues

- V moda M80: I hear a lot of good things, any thoughts?

So in summary: My new headphones must be comfortable for a long period of time, not to much ear crunching bass, nice sound.

I know it is a lot of text but I am hoping to end my journey after searching soooo long

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Bose QC3 is the worst headphone I ever heard. Not even fixable with EQ.
Bose QC15 is somewhat bass-heavy, but still good if bass is reduced slightly.
Bose OE2 I have not heard but people I know say it's not too good.
VModa M80 is good, but mid-centric, shy on the high frequencies. Excellent for trance.
B&W P5 is almost neutral but soft on lows and highs. Good for listening in quiet places.
Beyerdynamic DT-1350 is good, but needs reduction in midrange to equal out bass and highs.

For comfort, the P5 I find good, the VModa M-80 good but needs headband adjusted by careful bending, the DT-1350 good but tricky fit - needs patience, Bose always fit comfortably I think.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I would say for comfort the Bose QC15 but I didn't find them bass heavy and I hated the noise cancelling (works but just freeky, affects sound quality and you can't turn it off)! Try a John Lewis if you can, I saw some in my local one for playing with.

I have only heard great things about the Dt-1350 but never managed to try them so can't say much there.

I found the B&W P5 very comfy considering they press against your ears but can't compete with the QC15 there because they don't touch your ears at all (well much as they are quite small and my ears are quite big :p).

The V-Moda M-80 I just bought and raved about in a previous post but I am not sure they would suit you for your long listening times as they do get uncomfortble after a while. Audio quality, fasion accessory and build quality wise they are jaw-droppingly good.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Comparing the QC-15 and the M-80 directly, the QC-15 has overpowering bass, while the M-80 seems to have almost no bass at all. Judging by a neutral-bass headphone such as the Sennheiser HD-800 (or several other similar-sounding headphones), the Bose is indeed very bass-heavy in the upper bass, while the M-80 is somewhat lean in the upper bass.

TRENDING THREADS