Advice on speakers desperately needed!!!

rob_981

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I am no expert on all of this, but I am looking to buy a new set of speakers that will provide good quality sound for film and music (obviously limited slightly by my budget!!), but which are small and unobtrusive. I would like 5.1 surround sound for home cinema. My current speakers are mixed and matched, and not the best to be honest, except my B&W front speakers, which I like. I don't have a huge budget, maybe up to £300, and the ones I have found are -

Mordaunt Short Premiere

Jamo A102 HCS5

Tannoy SFX5.1 or EFX5.1 or HTS100

KEF KHT1005

Which of these do you think are the best all rounders?

I have a Marantz SR4400 amp and Marantz CD player, and a Philips DVD player and TV, and a Virginmedia V+ box if that helps. My room is about 19' x 10' with relatively high ceilings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I am getting quite confused with everything I am reading!!!

Thanks

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
You might be better to post this in the 'Home Cinema' section of the forums

If i were you though i'd save up a bit more if you can and go for the Sony DAVIS10 system from Superfi.co.uk - http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3603

My girlfriends parents have got it and its bloody superb. The sound is fantastic and the bass weight is amazing!!! And... It's only £99 more than your budget!

A

Anonymous

With a SR4400 a Mordaunt Short would be my first choice, followed by KEF.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts