Advice on Hi-fi Digital Music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have lots of music saved as MP3s.  Not all of it is saved with super hi bit rates, but that is not my primary problem.

I am buying a the following based on the What Hi-Fi Dec Mag:

Yamaha DSP-AX863  Receiver

Sony KDL-40w4500 TV

Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu Ray

BW 685 Theater Speakers 

The question is how can I play my digital music on this system?  The Niam HDX is great but at £4500 is way too expensive.  Are there other alternatives for playing Digital music on a hi-fi system?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Many, many ways, - i'm going to move this thread to the Computer-based Music forum, and just wait for the deluge of responses you're going to get.

But first - how do you store your music? Also, do you have an iPod? And what's your budget?

A

Anonymous

thanks for moving it to the appropriate forum. ÿI store my music on a NAS that is always on and connected.

Buget? Hmm I did not think too much about this but under £600 is possible.

I think it would be silly to spend more on the music streamer for digital music than it would be for the receiver

John Duncan

Seeing as it's plugging into an AV system, got to be Apple TV or a Media Centre Extender like the Linksys, to take advantage of their glorious user interfaces on that telly of yours. The DAC in the Yamaha will beef up their sounds as well.

However, you need a server to be running - you say your NAS is on all the time, but not whether your PC is. What's your NAS? It may not support a media server so you may need your PC on all the time.

TRENDING THREADS