Advice on connecting an amp (output) to a PC (input).

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A client of mine would like to connect her hifi (which is running through a Kenwood KA-3060R amp) to her PC, so that she can record her old vinyl onto mp3s. The problem is, the amp doesn't seem to have a line out, only outputs for speakers and headphones.

What is the best way of sorting this out? Just to connect from the headphone socket, or to use the speaker sockets in some clever way, or to do something else?

A BIG thanks to anyone who is able to help me with this!

--Jim

A

Anonymous

If you were to use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from the headphone socket, you would need to monitor the recording level on the PC to make sure dB level coming into the PC's line in socket isn't way too high. But, it would work. Does the 3060 not have a tape loop?

A

Anonymous

Thanks - what an amazingly quick reply! So, the headphone jack route is the way to go then?

A

Anonymous

Unless the amp has a tape loop, I have tried looking it up but cant find any english pages about it, and my german isn't what it used to be.

John Duncan

Alternatively, get a Project Phono USB - this will avoid going through what is probably a rather cruddy jack socket/sound card, and will give you a pretty good copy.

If you're worried about the (60? 70? quid) cost, you'd get back at least 40 on eBay after you were done.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts