Advice Needed - What TV to buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After a second TV write off I have store voucher to get a replacement. Can anyone recommend a flat screen 42inch-46/7 (not 50) around £800 good for Sky HD and XBOX360. I like my HD films, so something to go with that please.

We had an LCD. Can we go for a plasma with a games console?

Thanks

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Abosulutely you can go for a plasma, especially at 42". Try one of the full HD panasonic sets, really happy with mine, play PS3 andwatch Blu Ray. Fantastic TV

Would recommend PZ80, PZ81 or PZ85, but new 2009 models are out soon so they may be hardto get hold of.

Alternatively if you want LCD then the Sony KDL40W4000 or KDL40W4500 should do the trick, just make sure you can take back the set if not happy reference the backlight bleed on a small number of sets.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

A good quality plasma shouldn't give you any trouble as long as it's set up correctly. Most people have the contrast set way too high which leads to image retention and ultimately screen burn. Set up properly though, you shouldn't have either of these issues. If you're quick, Comet are doing a deal on the Panasonic TH-46PZ8:

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/507792/PANASONIC-TH-46PZ8BAÿ

As a 46" 1080p plasma from a top brand for £800, it looks like a cracking deal.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm new to the forum,but I have just purchased a Toshiba 37XV553DB 1080p LCD TV reduced in Sainsburys to " £391.00 Brand new boxed..........the cheapest price was on play.com for £539.99 I would appear that this offer will remain until 17 march but stock is running out....my store in Cardiff had run out...I had to go to Bridgend and they had 8 left

Toshiba 37Xv553DB. Pioneer VSX3 Amp. Toshiba SD360 dvd player. VDH optocoupler to amp from Sky+. VDH flat from dvd to tv. 2110 scart fr Sky+ to tv. mordaunt short premiere 6.1. silver anniversary speaker cables.

A

Anonymous

We've just got Panasonic PZ85. Fingers crossed because we've had some real bad luck with our recent purchases.

A

Anonymous

Its hard to choose especially with so many models out there, but this is the year for flat panels, the looks are getting more stylish and a lot more connectivity but definately go for full hd for games and blue ray. Use this site to choose or buy the mag, you can not go far wrong with the tests they do at the end of the day, its what u like. Buy the best for your budget. Hey good luck and the buzz you get when its set up and u turn it on. Get good leads for it none of them £10 ones lol
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

hi i bought this tv last week , in ireland its called th46py8e , got it for 950euros , what a bargain , brilliant standard def picture , full of depth and lovely colours , much better than any 46 inch lcd you could buy here for the same money , ( if there are any ) , and with blueray or bbc hd the picture is sublime , really deep blacks , watching no country for old men on blue ray the image is bright and crystal clear , very cinematic , the 100 htz means its smooth all the time , very easy on the eye , only gripe is 2 hdmi ports , but its enough for me , freesat box and ps3 .... the contrast ratio is 20,000 to 1 as opposed to 30,000 to 1 on the rest of the 1080p range , but you would never notice the difference , hats off to panasonic i say , a brilliant tv , plasma all the way for me , in a couple of years when im upgrading ill look no further than panasonic again , highly reccomended.........................

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts