ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE WHF TEAM/ANYONE:- TV ON WHEN YAMAHA AMP IN PURE DIRECT MODE

poolmaster

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone

Need some help. My kit is as shown below.

When i use the Pioneer bluray for cd playback, i use the music listening function on the Yamaha 863 amp. I get decent sound and a lovely pioneer screen saver on the tv.

By switching to the "pure direct" function on the amp it switches off all the unnecessary systems, this results in much better sound.

The amp display goes out as it should, and the tv displays "No signal being received "as a screen saver . The whole of the rest of the tv screen is black, but of course is switched on.

I want to switch off the tv as it redundant at this point, but can't - if i do switch off the tv, the amp and bluray also switch off !

Does anyone know how to get round this problem as it has got me beat !!

Thanks

Rich

Messiah

You need to disable the Anynet (that is what it is called on my Samsung TV). I believe it sends commands over HDMI so when you turn the TV off it powers down the rest of the system.

Disable this and you will be fine.

poolmaster

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi Messiah

Thanks for that!. I will try it when i sober up, its the office party tonight!!! .
emotion-1.gif

Cheers again

Rich

poolmaster

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi Messiah

This only happens when using the bluray,

If i switch the tv off when watching sky, the amp and sky remains on of course with just sound.

Is this because the sky box is not an anynet device?

Thanks

Rich

A

Anonymous

That sounds vaguely familiar sure i had a simiar problem when setting up my harmony awhile back is there a setting on your blu ray for the control of hdmi or something like that? if so set it to off and see if that cures it

poolmaster

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks stu31

I,ll have a look at that too . I'm open to all suggestions having the tv on when using the system in this way is just daft!
emotion-2.gif

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm in a similer situation where when i switch the tv on the amp comes on, i get round this by switching the amp on first usually to listen to the radio, if i switch the amp on first the tv dosen't come on.

maybe you could try this.

poolmaster

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks SIewis

I have tryed switching on in different order, but the tv is automatically switched on by the amp and bluray. Indeed the bluray switches on the amp.

Thanks Rich

TRENDING THREADS