additional Surround Speakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all......

I have just bought a new Yamaha 763. Paid just over £300 for it from Richer sounds. I auditioned both the 863 and 763, but to be honest the 863 didn't sound any better to me so I could not justify spending the extra.

I have had it set up about a month and I am amazing how it sounds compared to my old Yamaha DSP-A5.

I currently have a pair of Monitor Audio RS6 for the Fronts, a MA RSLCR Centre and a pair of MA RS1's for the rears. All hooked up with QED cables. I also have a REL sub.

I now want to take advantage of 7.1 but am not sure what speakers to go for. I could go for another pair of RS1 but my other half is not keen on the £350+ price. I emailed MA and they suggested that any of the MA rears or bookshelf speakers would make great side surrounds. I have seen that MA Radius can even be had in the same finish as my speakers.....

Should I just pester the other half and get another set of RS1's or can I just use a cheaper pair for the radius or BR range???

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chimaira34:
Hey all......

I have just bought a new Yamaha 763. Paid just over £300 for it from Richer sounds. I auditioned both the 863 and 763, but to be honest the 863 didn't sound any better to me so I could not justify spending the extra.

I have had it set up about a month and I am amazing how it sounds compared to my old Yamaha DSP-A5.

I currently have a pair of Monitor Audio RS6 for the Fronts, a MA RSLCR Centre and a pair of MA RS1's for the rears. All hooked up with QED cables. I also have a REL sub.

I now want to take advantage of 7.1 but am not sure what speakers to go for. I could go for another pair of RS1 but my other half is not keen on the £350+ price. I emailed MA and they suggested that any of the MA rears or bookshelf speakers would make great side surrounds. I have seen that MA Radius can even be had in the same finish as my speakers.....

Should I just pester the other half and get another set of RS1's or can I just use a cheaper pair for the radius or BR range???

I've got the Radius R90s as my rears with the same speakers as yours (different sub) and they are great. They look like mini versions of the RS speakers. Depending on what colour you need, Sevenoaks have some good deals of ex demo stock. I would go as far to say, you would be better off getting two pairs of these speakers and selling the RS1s.

TRENDING THREADS