Active speaker test in latest issue

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

Andrew, have you had the chance to hear the ADMs alongside the AE22s? If so, what was your take on the two?

I appreciate they're different beasts - the latter being more of a studio monitor design - but the AE22 Active reviews have appealed. Not seen a bad word written of them, they never come up on Ebay, so assume they're keepers!

John Duncan

Nick21:Andrew did you buy the Avi's with or without the sub? if without have you tried them with a sub? I am trying to decide should we buy one to underpin the likes of Joe Bonamassa and for tv/film use!

Yes you should...

Messiah

JohnDuncan:Nick21:Andrew did you buy the Avi's with or without the sub? if without have you tried them with a sub? I am trying to decide should we buy one to underpin the likes of Joe Bonamassa and for tv/film use!

Yes you should...

I agree. I would add a sub.

A

Anonymous

Andrew I only played my Avi's for 15-30mins for 3-5 days a week! after about 2 months I realised the bass had improved.I think We will buy a BK electronics 200 downward firing sub what do you all think. We feelv £800.00 Is to expensive!

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

shado:So once a subscriber receives the latest mag will a blog be issued stating the results hopefully before Bank Holiday Monday?

No.

EDITED BY MODS - politics-free zone, remember...?

Messiah

Nick21:Andrew I only played my Avi's for 15-30mins for 3-5 days a week! after about 2 months I realised the bass had improved.I think We will buy a BK electronics 200 downward firing sub what do you all think. We feelv £800.00 Is to expensive!

Improved or have you adjusted to the sound
emotion-5.gif

I think the BK sub will be fine. I still use my old Yamaha with good results.

(Although in the far future when I can justify upgrading the sub I will be trying out the AVI one. For the time being I am very happy with my current sub.)

John Duncan

Messiah:Improved or have you adjusted to the sound
emotion-5.gif

To quote one speaker manufacturer - "We've measured loudspeakers to see if they change over time and found that, to all intents and purposes, they don't"...

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Messiah:Improved or have you adjusted to the sound
emotion-5.gif

To quote one speaker manufacturer - "We've measured loudspeakers to see if they change over time and found that, to all intents and purposes, they don't"...
...it's taken me months to break in the lounge in my new house. Starting to sound nice now...

A

Anonymous

Messiah in my opinion the Bass has improved! by this I mean deepened slightly and sounds fuller and less lean,but still fast and articulate. If that makes sense I know that Ashley states they don't need to burn in,then again he says all sorts of things usually against the other brands etc.

A

Anonymous

Andrew I'm suprised he hasn't complained about getting 5*s again,you just can't please some people!!!!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:It's unlikely our five star review will sell a single extra pair of the speakers...

Why so little faith in the power of a 5 star WHF review?

Seemed to work ok for EB Acoustics.

T

the record spot

Ah, I think there's a little bit of wordplay going on between here and another site...I'll leave it at that I think!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:Ah, I think there's a little bit of
wordplay going on between here and another site...I'll leave it at that I
think!

Not sure what you mean - I was merely quoting something someone from AVI said on these forums yonks ago.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
he probably doesn't know yet as can't see him being a subscriber!

would be interesting to see if he quotes it on his website as quite outspoken about the twisted tales these magazine portray - can't have it both ways!

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
As I already said, we favoured speakers we hadn't previously tested...

I gather the size and scope of the test changed during the reviewing process, so apologies for any inconvenience caused, AEJ.

No worries, I'll give you guys a bell to arrange pick-up of stock tomorrow - let me know if you intend to do anything with the active 5.1 system I gave you too, rather not have things just sitting around if poss.

Still seems odd to me that one of your 5 star active systems (AE22) didn't make it in when you actively sought out to buy other product for the test - but it's early and I need tea so I'll put it down to tiredness on my part ;)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
AEJim:No worries, I'll give you guys a bell to arrange pick-up of stock tomorrow - let me know if you intend to do anything with the active 5.1 system I gave you too, rather not have things just sitting around if poss.
Still seems odd to me that one of your 5 star active systems (AE22) didn't make it in when you actively sought out to buy other product for the test - but it's early and I need tea so I'll put it down to tiredness on my part ;)

James, Thanks for that - just passing on the explanation from the review team...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts