Test Tones

Messiah

Being ever critical of my Hi-Fi, I felt I was missing some bass (pretty sure it’s a room, node type thing) so decided to give some test tones a try. Few options on Spotify with some from Audiolab.

Tried tones from 35hz up to 100hz and there was definitely a gap around 50hz to 60hz. If I stood up I could hear them which is what makes me think it’s a room issue (did try some alternative speaker positions with not much change)

Also tried other frequencies. Got up to about 16/17khz before I could not hear anything, which for 45 years of age, is not bad (I think).

Could be quite a useful tool.

Anyway, I now have a headache. 😂

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Being ever critical of my Hi-Fi, I felt I was missing some bass (pretty sure it’s a room, node type thing) so decided to give some test tones a try. Few options on Spotify with some from Audiolab.

Tried tones from 35hz up to 100hz and there was definitely a gap around 50hz to 60hz. If I stood up I could hear them which is what makes me think it’s a room issue (did try some alternative speaker positions with not much change)

Also tried other frequencies. Got up to about 16/17khz before I could not hear anything, which for 45 years of age, is not bad (I think).

Could be quite a useful tool.

Anyway, I now have a headache. 😂
I'll have to try that myself see how well 53 year old ears work 😜

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts