Active speaker test in latest issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I read that subscribers get their copies today, although I'll have to wait a week to buy mine on the high street.

Did an active speaker test materialise?

I need a second system for a new room and was interested to see What HiFi's write-up.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, nobody can't accuse this publication of not trying, that is if anyone did. Personally I think it's wrong you had to buy them regardless of what I think of the product.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
drummerman:Well, nobody can't accuse this publication of not trying, that is if anyone did. Personally I think it's wrong you had to buy them regardless of what I think of the product.

AVI have still not forgiven the mag for testing the original ADM9s (or for giving them 5 stars).

Regardless of whether the ADM9.1s get 5 stars or not, someone at AVI is going to go ballistic! (Especially if they are plugged into a non Apple source.)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby:AVI have still not forgiven the mag for testing the original ADM9s (or for giving them 5 stars).
Regardless of whether the ADM9.1s get 5 stars or not, someone at AVI is going to go ballistic! (Especially if they are plugged into a non Apple source.)

frankly.jpg

A

Anonymous

Andrew thanks for the reply and I look forward the reading the next issue even more, no matter what the result is. I did not get chance to hear the competion myself. We did find that our Avi's did improve after about 2 months fairly light play! How long a running in did you do?

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the reply, Andrew.

When is the issue due in the shops?

And if I subscribe how early could I expect to receive future issues?

A

Anonymous

Andrew did you buy the Avi's with or without the sub? if without have you tried them with a sub? I am trying to decide should we buy one to underpin the likes of Joe Bonamassa and for tv/film use!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Taylor74:
Thank you for the reply, Andrew.

When is the issue due in the shops?

And if I subscribe how early could I expect to receive future issues?

Issue on sale May 5th. If you subscribe, you get it in the post a few days earlier (ie most subscribers should have it this weekend.)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Andy Clough:And as for Mr Duncan and Mr Lucas, I do hope they're not going to give too much away...
emotion-5.gif

Wouldn't dare. He has a big stick.

So do I
emotion-39.gif

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
drummerman:

Well, nobody can't accuse this publication of not trying, that is if anyone did. Personally I think it's wrong you had to buy them regardless of what I think of the product.

I agree... Clearly the manufacturer should have supplied the product for the review... I have great respect for WHF for listening to the forums and buying the product for the review.... That's real dedication! I look forward to reading the outcome of the test...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts