Active or Passive?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I thought i would treat myself to some new speakers for Christmas. Although I am undecided about whether to go for an active speaker or go for an amp and passive speakers. Will be used to play music, games and movies from my computer. I have a budget of ~£250

As for active speakers I have narrowed it down to the Audioengine A5s

Audioengine A5

Whereas I am less familiar with amps and passive speakers but was thinking getting some Mission MX1s powerd by a Cambridge Topaz AM5 but i am very open to suggestions.

Mission MX1

Topaz AM5

At the end of the day would the amp and speaker combination sound better?

A

Anonymous

Just thought that amp might not have the power? Would I have to stretch to something like this?

Azur 340A

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum. For computer use, the Audioengine A5 are the best bet - we've tried these in store with a variety of computer games (and music!) and they are superb speakers.

A separate amp/speakers will allow you to build a larger hi-fi though as you have the benefit of a few additional inputs on the amp, but if you're only going to use them for PC and iPod, the Audioengine's would be the best bet.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I've been considering A5s for a while for my PC - but finding them in stock seems to be a challenge

on your website what do you mean by usually ? I see the A2s always seem to be in stock most places, but A5s are hard to get hold of it seems

A

Anonymous

Ok cool, thanks for the advice :). Would you still recommend the A5s if i was possibly looking to buy a subwoofer later on?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts