Acoustic Energy Aego T or Monitor Audio Vectors?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I have been looking to get into home cinema for sometime now. I have been thinking to get the Aego T 5.1 or the Monitor Audio Vectors, due to good looks and not being too expensive as well. Any opinions on those or any other packages I should be looking at. I had in mind to get a Yamaha Amp as well, such as the 765. Would that be suitable?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I bought some Monitor Audio Vectors on Saturday and am very impressed. They are a good size and produce a great sound even in the early days of running them in. I understand that these speakers are "bright" so they should be paired with a "warm" amp which I believe the Yamaha is. I paired mine with a Denon 1610. I personally would not get wrapped around the axles about such stuff and just enjoy movies and music. In short you can buy the Vectors with confidence.

I got them from Sevenoaks Sound and Vision for 499 quid which I thought is a pretty good deal.

Enjoy

Mal

A

Anonymous

Thanks. That's a good price, indeed. I have only had the chance to listen to the Radius HD which was great and hopefully the Vectors won't be far behind...

A

Anonymous

For £500, you can still get some of the non HD Radius speakers, i.e., the previous Radius range. So, you would be getting £1000 speakers for £500 as they are currently half price. There may be various dealers doing them, but Peter Tyson currently have them on their web site.

A

Anonymous

That seems like a good idea and they also look better than the vectors, at least to me. However, I am also tempted to raise the budget and go for the B&W MT25. I can find these for 850£ and they have a smoother sound. The MA seem a little more detailed and clinical.

I am not sure which one I prefer...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts