Acoustic Energy Aegis One

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I currently have a pair of B&W DM302 speakers and although they have served me very well i now class as the weak link to my system although the sound is impressive (i always did think these speakers were underrated)

However ive got my eye on a pair of Acoustic Energy Aegis Ones, however not sure how much of an improvement they will be!

Can someone shed some light on the AE speakers? perhaps someone can suggest better???

My equipment as follows is

Pioneer A-300R Precision amplifier

Pioneer PDS-505 Precision CD Player

MJ Acoustics Ref 100 MK2 Subwoofer

and the B&W speakers mentioned above

A

Anonymous

The Aegis ones were my first ever pair of speakers when I was 15 (10 years ago) They were sweet and worth every penny. I have also owned a pair of B&W DM302's and they were also very nice. I doubt you would hear much improvement though. How much do you want to spend because you can find some really nice speakers on ebay for very little money. I picked up a pair of Kef 104's in ex condition for £40 once.. and then I got more luck and won a pair of Kef Calindas (my current speakers) for £23 wich only needed the tweeters and some caps replacing and even that was cheap because my cousin had the spares.

The RTDL TDL2's and 3's are meant to be a good pair of speakers, but look out for the special edition ones, have better xovers apparently.

Hope this helps.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS