A recommendation to the what hifi people?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK, this isn't a nag, just a thought, before I get going! I've been pondering a new TV for some time now, and i'm looking for a good all rounder. 40" preferably, but 42" if I must. Got around £700 to spend and really want a plasma and full HD. Needs to be good at SD, very good at HD and i use it for gaming. Here's the problem.... Input lag. As a lot of us are gamers, maybe input lag would be a useful piece of info in the tech specs. Just a thought as TV manufacturers dont tell us this spec for obvious reasons. Like I said not a nag, just a thought. And any recommendations for a set will be most appreciated before I go round the bend.... and the wife for that matter!

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
If it helps I've got a Samsung LE26C450 and noticed no issues at the weekend when I hooked up my old Dreamcast for a bit of nostalgic gaming.

A

Anonymous

While we are at recomendations - since What Hi-Fi is using quite some resorces in testing TV sets - I realy miss a parameter describing the rate of reflection in the front screen.

Measured reflection / measured incoming-source light

This can quite easely be done by placing a small lamp at an angle of for example 30deg, and place a photo censor at the opposite 90 deg angle ( which would be - 60deg ). This could be build into / fixed into a small housing. If 30deg or other angle - one can experiment which angle is the most descriptive.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:On reflection, I think you're getting fixated, PeterHerz...

There are specs for everyting else than the rate of reflections - probably the single most important parameter and impact on the experienced PQ - especially on a plasma - during ambient light. Magnitues above tiny issues such as pixel noise or mising details in the dark areas - if you cant see a thing because of reflections - or you see your self and half the furniture in the picture - how do you rate the PQ ?? Excellent or poor ?

Was the intention of the director that you were to participate in his movie - with your furniture
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Perhaps what hifi may have a position available for PeterHerz to join their team

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well if you want a 40" tv than that rules out Plasma, but there are various companies making 42 " lcds, Philips, Toshiba, LG.The Panasonic 42G20, would be a good start to look for plasma, as for a lcd the new Sony's, Samsungs and Philips seem to improve each year so check the reviews and go and have a look in the high street your eyes will be the best choice.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:On reflection, I think you're getting fixated, PeterHerz...

You're on a droll today, Mr Everard...........

TRENDING THREADS