A question for What HiFi staff reguarding the Panasonic TX-P42G10 review

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am giving serious consideration to buying the TX-P42G10. I have found one for considerably less than the listed price but will not be able to view it properly before i buy. In the review you wrote

"Up the ante to Blu-ray discs at 1080p/24fps, and the 'G10's command of colour, contrast and detail is even more impressive. Very complex patterns can cause it a moment's anxiety, but it's a very impressive plasma set overall."

Could you clarify exactly what "a moments anxiety" means? and give some examples of the complex patters that might cause it, also is that specific to blu-ray discs? is any particular player likely to cause problems?

Thx

If anybody owns this TV and wants to chip in, feel free
emotion-1.gif

Edit: After a closer look, the TV i am looking at is a TX-P42G10B, is that even the same set ?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Simply that there can occasionally be the briefest of hints that very complex images catch the picture processing out - but then that's usual with almost all screens.

A

Anonymous

Imagawa99:
I am giving serious consideration to buying the TX-P42G10. I have found one for considerably less than the listed price but will not be able to view it properly before i buy. In the review you wrote

"Up the ante to Blu-ray discs at 1080p/24fps, and the 'G10's command of colour, contrast and detail is even more impressive. Very complex patterns can cause it a moment's anxiety, but it's a very impressive plasma set overall."

Could you clarify exactly what "a moments anxiety" means? and give some examples of the complex patters that might cause it, also is that specific to blu-ray discs? is any particular player likely to cause problems?

Thx

If anybody owns this TV and wants to chip in, feel free
emotion-1.gif

Edit: After a closer look, the TV i am looking at is a TX-P42G10B, is that even the same set ?

You going for the M&S deal?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the comment in the 42" G10 review to which you refer. I haven't noticed any discernable problems with the TV when handling Blu Rays. In fact, the main reason I bought a G10 was, when I did a side by side comparison with other sets, the G10 offered the most stable and artefact free picture of any of the TVs I could afford. That included the Philips 7404, the Sony W5500 and the Pana G15 LCD (a what hi fi best buy). The only set I couldn't do a side by side comparison with was the current LG budget 42" champion, so I can't comment on how the two compare directly. Having bestowed upon the LG the 'best budget' 42" award, I suspect the whf team would steer you toward this tv... However, if, like me, you prefer the more natural picture offered by plasma, it's difficult to see how you can go too far wrong with the G10.
emotion-21.gif

cmf

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
getting rid of my three week old sony bravia kdl40w5500, sending it back to JL for the pany g10 . I got fed up with the backlight bleeding on this set was really spoilling my viewing.

soon to be a first time plasma owner hope the pany is gentle with me hehe..

A

Anonymous

Looks like I missed the M&S deal, what was the price?

JL just price matched Richer Sounds for me, so I reckon that £690 all in with the 5 year guarantee looks like the deal of the century!

A

Anonymous

NayTyson:You going for the M&S deal?

The M&S deal is listed "out of stock" sadly. I can get it from amazon for £711 and get a free stand altho im not sure i want to put that much weight on a glass stand.

Peet, Richer got it for £714 on their site, how did you get it cheaper?.

A

Anonymous

M&S was £657 with 5 year guarantee + 5% Quidco. The deal is only on today, hopefully will come back in stock.

A

Anonymous

well that sucks
emotion-6.gif

I just bought mine for £711 and got the free stand with it, probably not the very cheapest i could have got, but a reasonable deal none the less.

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was lucky, both me & my mate spotted the M&S deal early & both ordered & we both got the G10 with 5 yrs warranty etc for £657, only downside is the approx delivery date is 27th Nov

So what are the general opinons, i hoping its good as i have bought this tv without going to view it in a shop - daft i know but the many reviews & price drop i could not say no!

Can anyone shed some light on a good way to get the best set-up for picture?!? i have tiscali tv through ixos hdmi's into yamaha 863se amp that upscales to the tv's capability & i have the new sony ps3 slim again through good ixos hdmi to yamaha amp & the ps3 has identified all the top sound/picture that it can send to the amp etc. So hows the best setup for the G10 to be viewed for these main sources?

Thanks for any advice & sorry if ive gone off topic its my 1st post, please bare with me!

regards

tj

A

Anonymous

tj this thread may be some use http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/316261.aspx

I never go to demo tvs, if all the experts say it's a great tv it must be. Worst review i've seen for this is 9/10. I got a Panasonic plasma in 2007 and was over the moon with that. This will be a fair bit better than that, awesome black levels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts