A new perspective....

Well, here I am. Laid on the floor in our living room, thanks to a monumental **** up, our new sofas did not arrive today, and I've already donated the old ones to charity. So, rather than dwell on it I thought I'd just chill out with a beer and listen to my setup.

With more space in the room, it has a different quality to the sound. It's pretty good.

and as my ears are only 18 inches from the floor, I've got a fair bit more bass too.

only nine more days to go, it should fly by.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Funnily enough I've been in the same situation for the last week: a living room with only one armchair in it, waiting for sofas to arrive.

I'm not enjoying the sound though: there's loads of mid-range and LF resonance. Can't wait for the new furniture to arrive the day after tomorrow!

SteveR750

bigfish786 said:
I suppose, but to be honest, I'm quite comfy laid here in a pile of cushions.

are they wrapped around your head, to fashion some form of direct room treatment?? If it works, you could buy some more, and pass them off as acoustically treated scatter cushions for the more aesthetically demanding audiophile.

Ten, long days I'm going to be laid on the floor, I know in that time I'm going to get used to how everything sounds, then when the new sofas arrive, I'm gonna be "fiddling" with the speakers again.. Damn it.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I love these little snippets of other peoples issues its like a soap, keep philosophical and enjoy. My listening room is full of cardbaord boxs half built speakers and lot of wires Mrs boggit is extremlly chuffed! Though I think she is resigned to the situation now!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
A "dead" room is great for hearing exactly what a system/speaker sounds like, but not particularly enjoyable (hence one of my issues with room EQ). A bit of reflectivity creating a little "liveness" isn't such a bad thing.

SteveR750

David@FrankHarvey said:
A "dead" room is great for hearing exactly what a system/speaker sounds like, but not particularly enjoyable (hence one of my issues with room EQ). A bit of reflectivity creating a little "liveness" isn't such a bad thing.

Agree totally, esppecially if you're one of the millions of bedroom guitarists out there who jam along to your favourite tracks. A dead room is a bad place to be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts