a bit of help for a newbie with a budget

ashleylewis1986

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
well i have a budget of £300 and would like a set of speakers and an amp.as i dont really fancy a soundbar so am looking into the second hand market.but reading different posts and searching about i have noticed people talk about amps having different characteristics either the amp its self or with certain types of speakers.

so im after some advice really as to what would be a good setup for that money help is greatly appreciated cheers

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ashley - as you've posted in the Home Cinema section, specifically are you after an AV receiver (amp) and full 5.1 speaker set up to hook up with a DVD/BRay player and TV, or do you just want an AV receiver but just one pair of front speakers to start with, or something else?

Generally amps will have different characteristics, and matching them to the right speakers can be important, but if you are after an AV amp and 5.1 set of speakers - for £300 - it probably wont make much difference.

ashleylewis1986

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
after a pair of speakers,with an av amp in the secind hand market i am guessing will get a lot more for my money.

had a look at a pair of these kef iq5se for 180

then an amp that will power them,something to run from my tv so any sound from my tv is going through it.eg xbox,music etc

if i could manage to get a bluetooth amp(i dont know if these are any good expecting some flaming) for connecting my mac ,iphone etc

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This might help a little;

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/best-amp-for-kef-iq5se-budget-500

Otherwise hopefully someone else may have the Kefs or some advice on what might match them best.

ashleylewis1986

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
thankyou for the replies so far massively appreciated.i will keep searching the net and look on here for some advice im sure some people must have been in the same sort of place i could possibly stretch to 400

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts