ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I get sent here when I click on the headphone forum link from the list of forums. I get the headphone forum when I click the headphone forum link after entering the hifi forum first.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
ID. said:
I get sent here when I click on the headphone forum link from the list of forums. I get the headphone forum when I click the headphone forum link after entering the hifi forum first.

Me too.

hear quality

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
The reason for the mis-directs is that someone f****d up the web site when they tried to "improve it"! Now it is just a real mess.

If it were up to me I would just revert back to the original website whilst kicking the arse of whoever was responsible for this pig's breakfast.

hear quality

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Suddenly, since the launch of the new site all these new so-called members (all experts in web design apparently) sharing their *ahem* wisdom. *aggressive*

You may or may not have been referring to me but as a new but probably "not going to be hanging around for long" member I have to state quite clearly that all of my working life has been in IT and, whereas I know next to nowt about hifi, I reckon I do know a fair bit about IT and website design, enough to make me an expert in that field.

It really is time to immediately return to the old website and to get this new one fixed before re-launchng it. And, sorry to disabuse you, it is not just simply a case of a broken link from the 'Headphones' tab. Searches from Google for (e.g.) forums on the What Hifi website that used to work now seem to link to this forum only. The new site is a complete mess.

Yes, you and others who've only got no more than 3 posts to your name.

If you're that much of an expert then add constructive criticism rather than "that someone f****d up the web site". That helps no-one.

WHFI has invested a lot of money so it's unlikely they'll revert back.

And no, I'm not employed by Haymarket nor do I have any affiliation with the company.

hear quality

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:

Actually, at the time of your posting the above reply I had four posts.

[quote = plastic penquin] If you're that much of an expert then add constructive criticism rather than "that someone f****d up the web site". That helps no-one.[/quote]

I did offer constructive criticism - revert back.

[quote = plastic penquin] WHFI has invested a lot of money...[/quote]

Then they should be kicking some supplier arses pretty hard.

Speaking as the recently retired Head of IT for a very large insurance company, if one of my staff teams had created this mess they would know about it in no uncertain terms and would be under direction to get it fixed pronto. And as the man responsible for corprate IT I would be a little bit nervous about my own position for allowing something to be rolled out that was both inadequately tested and without, apparently, having a roll back plan in the event of problems.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
hear quality said:
plastic penguin said:
Suddenly, since the launch of the new site all these new so-called members (all experts in web design apparently) sharing their *ahem* wisdom. *aggressive*

You may or may not have been referring to me but as a new but probably "not going to be hanging around for long" member I have to state quite clearly that all of my working life has been in IT and, whereas I know next to nowt about hifi, I reckon I do know a fair bit about IT and website design, enough to make me an expert in that field.

It really is time to immediately return to the old website and to get this new one fixed before re-launchng it. And, sorry to disabuse you, it is not just simply a case of a broken link from the 'Headphones' tab. Searches from Google for (e.g.) forums on the What Hifi website that used to work now seem to link to this forum only. The new site is a complete mess.

"Complete mess*

Technical term there? I've been using the site since the switch over and find this forum less frustrating than the old one.

There's a few bugs needing ironed out but that should not be a huge deal for any reasonable human being.

hear quality

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Well you guys are the hifi experts so I'll make just one more comment then disappear from your world. Thanks, by the way, for the advice provided on the forum where I posted my original (hifi related) question.

Now, instead of going directly to your favourite forum here to have a discussion with others, try going first to Google and putting into the Google search box "What hifi 'forum name'" (i.e. the forum name of your choice).

Guess what? It is highly likely that you will end up here.

So, like I said, not just the odd broken link. Just a mess.

Your new website should be a joy to use. Maybe when it has been fixed it will be.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree that this site is an utter shambles. Utterly unintuitive, Ugly and everything is too big. It requires huge amounts of scrolling just to see anything as a whole. All the transitions judder and don't appear to work properly. It's like all the worst aspects of Windows Phone 8, but even more unintuitive.

Oh, and I cannot find anything - where are the older threads/forums? Search doesn't seem to work. I've ended up here several times for no apparent reason.

This is a huge step backwards from the previous site. It's so frustrating, I am unlikely to use it again until it's fixed.

Embarrassing.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
This site is SOOOOO bad WHF. Didn't the IT guys bother to check that it actually works before they gave it the green light? :(

I've just tried posting a new topic - it didn't work.

I've just tried copy and pasting text - it didn't work.

I've just tried using the 'web link' icon - it didnt work.

It looks bloody awful too.

I've been a regular poster here for 4 years but I'll be avoiding this site until it's fixed.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:

If you're that much of an expert then add constructive criticism rather than "that someone f****d up the web site". That helps no-one.

WHFI has invested a lot of money so it's unlikely they'll revert back.

And no, I'm not employed by Haymarket nor do I have any affiliation with the company.

Here's some constructive criticism: The new format is precisely as the Dilbert character Mordac would have designed as the Preventer of Information Services - it hides much that was visible and organized previously, thus it's useless. Please scrap this nonsense and fire the idiot who designed it.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
How did i get here?!
This site is currently abismal.it may have potential...if we are all lucky....or it mght be a massive disaster that needs replacing asap.
And p.p. , i dont believe the poster you had a go at actually used the word f***ing...that was you....and what does it matter how many posts he/she has?their opinion is just as valid as yours....your horse could well be a little tall.s

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I barely get a single post without having to continually scroll down. Please, please can we have an option to view things under the old layout.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, this website is one of the worst I have seen in years. The colour and fonts are all the same on the forum page, I can't believe this was done professionally, it is so amateurish, it's embarrassing.

If they don't do something quickly they are going to lose all the traffic.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
JoelSim said:
I'm pretty sure Tracey Thorne is sitting inside my speaker at the moment

Is Tracey still missing like this forum, at least I can quote and respond on the pc, waste of time on the ipad, funny that as it seems thats one of the reasons for the update. Still takes about 5 minutes to sign in if you are lucky.

Hermes2000

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
External Links from Google to specific forum threads also bring you here, for example:

www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/the-devialet-thread

Must be embarassing to have released something so bad...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts