40pfl9705h picture quality?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I guess this can only be answered by the What hifi team?

For anyone who has seen the new 40pfl9705 in the flesh how good is the picture quality of this TV and how did it compare to the 40pfl9704? All the videos on the net mainly focus on the new ambilight and LED tech, not much has been said about the picture quality.

The reason I ask is that I am thinking about buying the 9704 but may wait if the 9705 is so much better.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

For now you can only find pictures of the pictures. IN any case the panels of this TV are going to be different depending on the date of the production. Later production sets are supposed to be fitted with UV2A panels from Sharp , which in theory suppose to give them even better blacks and contrast. Only time will tell the validity of this claim. You can check "UV2A panel " topic about it.

D

Deleted member 2457

FrankHarveyHiFi:

magmax: 40pfl9705

Who's in charge of these TV model numbers?!!

David, I think you should start selling philips tvs
emotion-5.gif

If i had to buy one today i seriously would not know where to buy one from.

Mine come from empiredirect and they soon went in the bad times.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
TV's are a seriously cut throat market, and usually only one that the likes of big electrical stores can survive in. If we tried to do the same thing, we'd be closed in 6 months. There really is no profit in TV's, especially when you have to price match - so you either match and lose money, or refuse to price match and make yourself look bad!

Over the years of installing systems, we've seen a few Philips plasmas - I can't say we've ever been impressed!

D

Deleted member 2457

FrankHarveyHiFi:

TV's are a seriously cut throat market, and usually only one that the likes of big electrical stores can survive in. If we tried to do the same thing, we'd be closed in 6 months. There really is no profit in TV's, especially when you have to price match - so you either match and lose money, or refuse to price match and make yourself look bad!

Over the years of installing systems, we've seen a few Philips plasmas - I can't say we've ever been impressed!

I suppose that could be why empiredirect went so quickly then, I think the main bulk of there business was tvs.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We happily sell televisions along side everything else. We are also one of the stores that range the 9 series Philips sets. So far we have been very impressed with the quality and reliabilty of the current range, they are a vast improvement on some of the models from years ago.

Audioholic

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
To put it simply, once calibrated I'd expect the upcoming Philips 9705h to have one of the best PQ's of any LCD tv in 2010. And to cap it off the new menu system looks like one of the slickest around, which IMO does make quite a big difference to the overall user experience.

However, the real question is when do you want a new tv, because although the 9705h looks very impressive, if the experience of the 9704h with it's delayed availability in the UK is anything to go by, I'd be surprised if it was in shops before September.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts