4 On Demand from laptop displayed on TV?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Hello all

I have a laptop (Sony XPS m1330) with HDMI out and a Sony KDL40w4500 (with HDMI in) and watch TV via freesat normally. Is it possible to hook up my laptop to the telly for 4 onDemand rather than having to watch The Killing on the 13" screen!

I recall trying this years ago with iPlayer and it not working.

thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't see why not, the laptop should just treat the TV as an additional display. I've watched iPlayer from my Dell on my Pioneer before now. I don't see how iPlayer would know it's being shown on a TV, or care, so I doubt it was anything to do with that.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
I think if you connect the HDMI's with the laptop off,when you boot up, the screen will switch automatically to the TV(if set to the hdmi 2 AV setting on the TV. You will need probably line-out of the laptop into 2 RCA (red/white) into the TV for sound if it is not the very latest hdmi standard .Someone else can confirm if the telly is capable of audio thru hdmi.

Edit- yes the tV can support hdmi audio- you need to check the laptop for hdmi audio capability,and have the latest spec hdmi cable.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Looks like the laptop will do hdmi audio as well -you could also do it through your av receiver rather than straight to TV.

Sorry - since the laptop can do it,I don't think it matters about the TV,it should just plug straight in ok,, but as I said ,through yr AV should also be possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts